Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

My 2006 Roush F150 *pics*

Old 11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Does it have green stripes across the top?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:34 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it does. I installed a Paragon bed cover and am trying to get the same color of stripe to do the bed cover. It's suppose to be a special color for these 6 trucks only, so I don't know if I can get just some rolls of the tape to be able to have pieces long enough to do the cover in two solid stripes. The rest of the stripe sections aren't long enough to do the cover, if I had to order a stripe setthat is precut in sections. You know like the hood pieces top pieces ect.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:47 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Thanks, it's always been a dream to own a Roush vehicle. They finally started making the Stage 3 in a Supercrew. I got caught up in the race today and didn't get my new pics taken to post them. Next Weekend I will. Thanks again for the comment.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:51 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Ken, sorry about taking so long on reply. Got caught up in the race. Yes it has the stripes across the top also.Yes it does. I installed a Paragon bed cover and am trying to get the same color of stripe to do the bed cover. It's suppose to be a special color for these 6 trucks only, so I don't know if I can get just some rolls of the tape to be able to have pieces long enough to do the cover in two solid stripes. The rest of the stripe sections aren't long enough to do the cover, if I had to order a stripe setthat is precut in sections. You know like the hood pieces top pieces ect.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:42 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Okay, cool.

I'm getting an electrically retractable bed-cover installed next week, custom made by the manufacturer to fit the Roush with the tail wing. I think they'll be making it available for all Roush owners afterwards, I'll have more information about that soon. I orderd a set of stripes from Roush and will be installing them across the bed cover.

Also, the Roushcharger decals for the sides of the hood scroop. Will be needing to sport those after the supercharger install. Essentially it'll be the same as a stage 3 minus the body work on the sides, which is good because I'm getting some of those instantly retractable side steps that won't work with the full body kit.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:03 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Ken, how did the charger, cover turn out? Haven't heard from you. Happy Thanks Giving. I am still having trouble getting pics attached. Did you get the tune done on the new setup?

Old 11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
The charger is in, cover is not installed yet. We did some custom tuning on the dyno and its putting out a ton of power. Working the article now.

Old 11-24-2006, 07:06 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Ken, I'm still having trouble attaching pics and setting up a gallery. I put my pics on a web mail site to downsize them then send them but was not successful. Any help would be appreciated. I sure would like you to be able to see my ride. Thanks

Old 11-24-2006, 07:10 PM
kslhol
Senior User
Those are incredible trucks. Both are very nice, but I gotta say the spoiler on the second truck really makes it stand out. Looks great!

Old 11-24-2006, 07:17 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Fred Ryel
Ken, I'm still having trouble attaching pics and setting up a gallery. I put my pics on a web mail site to downsize them then send them but was not successful. Any help would be appreciated. I sure would like you to be able to see my ride. Thanks
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum77/

Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Yeh I'm an idiot. I didn't see the new posts. Sorry about repeating the same stupid question. Did you see what pics are in my gallery? I did get a few in there. I am staring to print those answers for pics and attachments so I can start working on that. What project truck were you talking about when you were talking to the guy that had removed the Roush striping and such from his truck? My truck has those coopers on it also and the FX decals were removed at Roush before I got it. You sure are knowledgable about these trucks. I haven't been able to find a Dyno in my area yet. It amazes me how I can break the wheels lose even after I am rolling about 10 mph. Been a long time since I've had this kind of power, even without having changes made. Are you a rebuilder professionally or just on the side? Saw all the pics in your gallery. Just wondering which truck you were having all the new stuff done to, if the pic was on that gallery. I'll leave you alone. Enjoyed the visit. Thanks again.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:15 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
I have a small question. If Roush is attempting to make a fast performance oriented truck like a Lightning etc, then why make it 4wd and on top of that why make it a 4 door. I could maybe see it as an extended cab but thats it. Not that its not a nice looking truck, but I would much rather have a Lightning. Are Roush trucks available in 2wd versions as well?

Old 11-25-2006, 07:35 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
If Roush is attempting to make a fast performance oriented truck like a Lightning etc, then why make it 4wd and on top of that why make it a 4 door

Someone has to cart the kids and the hardware around - might as well do it in style, and QUICKLY

And yes they are available as a single cab.
http://www.roushperformance.com/f150_st3_champion.shtml

Old 11-25-2006, 09:09 AM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Smile

Yes Roush makes 2 wd and ext cabs as well. I have owned 4 Supercrews since the very first ones came out. My wife and I just love the vehicle for a number of reasons. I don't care if the 4wd is on it or not. This truck is 1 of 6 built for Mark Martin by Roush. We are Roush racing and Mark Martin fans. I just always wanted a Roush vehcile but I needed something bigger than a Mustang or Regular cab truck. So when I saw this one I traded a 06 Lariat Supercrew in and now have my dream truck. Kind of best of both worlds, Supercrew and Roush. I enjoy the performance, ride, visibility and comfort of this truck. I had to add heater elements to the seats for my wife but other than that it had everything we wanted on it.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:23 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Here's my truck. I'm a gearhead, and also tuned Ford PCMs for several years before I got out of the business (still do it these days as a hobby).

I definitely recommend good dyno tuning. Roush's tuning doesn't allow the supercharger to act like a roots-style charger unless you have 80% throttle or more. Also, the 2-3 torque management is bad, which is why you get that bang during WOT shifts. With proper tuning you'll pick up horse power and torque (I got an additional 40HP) , but more importantantly an enormous amount of throttle response and much quicker 1/4 mile times.

Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2006 Roush F150 *pics*