Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Senior User

bowser is starting off with a positive reputation.
Brighton Ford diesel techs, anybody?

I was just looking for opinions or experience with Brighton's service center. I bought a used 2006 PSD from them, and I am going to run it back up there to have some things checked out, mainly the increasing oil leak. It's had the hanging drip on the bellhousing, and I was fine with that sitting there, but now it's that drip, a smear on the housing, and more oil and drips on the starter as well. I would like to get this looked at before things progress too far. If no one has had work done at Brighton, where have you had work done, and would you reccomend? Thanks.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
Moving thread to the Michigan Chapter...may get some info there....
Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

If I had it all to do over again...I would do it all, over again. Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 3:04
Old 11-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
I've had my work done at Grand Ledge Ford in Grand Ledge Michigan 517-627-8100. Had excellent work done and they always listened to me carefully.

The most problem we had was a lack of power/ then get power. They found BOTH wiring harnesses was bad and they told me it would be 3 days of labor once the parts got in. It took two days to get parts but they was right on, about how long it took to do the job.

I know it is very hard to find excellent tecks but if you can't find one local - try there.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Senior User

OK. thanks for the info and reccomendation. if things dont work out at Brighton, we'll go to G.L.

thanks for moving this kw, I was wondering if it would be better posted here in the first place, rolled the dice.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Senior User

Well, I guess I'll be a guinea pig, takin the truck in on Thursday. I'll let you know how things go.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
Sorry we couldn't be of more help
Old 11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Senior User

that's OK. If things go bad at Brighton, I'll head out to Grand Ledge with the truck and your referral. Thanks again.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Senior User

Well, so far things are good. Leak was chased down to the "rear engine cover" and another at the "oil module". The tech changed oil, added dye, ran the truck a few miles, and ended up pulling the tranny to get the rear cover resealed, and then did whatever to fix the module leak. All is well now. Very happy with how things went at Brighton.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Postmaster

Glad to hear back and that everything went well. Sounds like they have it together.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:05 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
brighton, ford, fordgrand, ledge