1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

body lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:52 PM
uvbensmoked
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
body lift

Having trouble finding a body lifts for my 96 extended cab long bed diesel. If any out there knows of one I would greatly appreciate it<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

<o></o>

Old 10-31-2006, 08:08 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haven't seen any to be honest with you. and to be really honest with you i think they are bad news. they are cheaper than a suspension lift but in my mind they are more complicated. many more things that need to be modified/stretched/relocated. But if i run into one I will let you know

Old 10-31-2006, 09:31 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
they exist. hard to find yes. i believe f350hauler just installed one. i have a link on my home computer. just type it into a search engine. you will find one.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:36 AM
TTFord07
Junior User
Body lifts r cheap, but they also look cheap they just are the same and they put more stress on the body

Old 11-01-2006, 01:45 AM
jcab
Senior User
Body Lift Blah!

AND THEY SHAKE THE YOU KNOW WHAT OUT OF YOU DRIVING JCAB

Originally Posted by TTFord07
Body lifts r cheap, but they also look cheap they just are the same and they put more stress on the body

Old 11-01-2006, 07:36 AM
F350_Hauler
Elder User
Thumbs up Get the 2" bodylift. Very simple to install. No big changes.

I put the two inch body lift on my son's 96. It is GREAT! I am going to get one for my 97 soon. Look for the ebay seller named sportztrailers. They have the kit you need for $107, shipped. It is kit #822. In the tech notes it says it is not for trucks equipped with diesel engine but it fits fine. I called the manufacturer before I bought mine and they said some of the diesels have intercoolers and that can affect the installation. I love what it does for you. It lifts you a little, makes room for your bigger tires, improves the look and it gets you to renew and tighten all of your cab and bed mounting hardware which really made a big difference for us with ride and quietness and squeaks. To see what I mean just stand next to your bed and push on it and see if it moves, or look in the rearview mirror while driving down a bumpy road and swerve gently from side to side and see if your bed slides side to side. Be aware that 3" of lift will require significant alterations to linkage or shifters. Also on the front bumper it tells you to notch your frame for the brackets to fit. I notched my bumper instead and it worked fine.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
pud
Posting Guru
Ive always said that body lifts are great, when they arent used as the primary lift. We're diesel, but I had a gasser with 6" suspension and 3" body lifts and lost a line off the top of my intank fuel pump. Just to get at the pump one would have to pull the box or drop the tank, if they had no body lift. But I was able to get in there and fix it without having to take a ratchet or any wrenches with me. Another benefit of a body lift, is if you do alot of mudding you can clean your chassis better to avoid premature rotting.
Plus you can get a bigger DP in there. I would think any body lift for a s/c longbox Ford would work. I cant think of any deisel specific body mounts....

Old 11-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Ilikebigtrucks
Junior User
Body lifts are pretty cheesy - It's a cheap way to fit larger tires. But yeah - to doing it right can be a lot of work and if you don't do them right they look terrible. Even a good one can still be spotted from a mile away. You might consider a fender trim (And bend up a new fender lip! Just hacking the fenders off looks pretty rough.) Trimming can look pretty slick and is more effective and cheaper than a body lift for less work and headache.