Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Return Of The Cursed Car......

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Return Of The Cursed Car......

On this gloomy Monday, I was drawn to a shop on Warden Ave. There in the front parking lot was a car that I never expected to lay eyes on again. The pearl paint was cracked and yellowed with age. The drivers door vent window was still broken. The custom upolstered back seat was still there. The small wooden steering wheel was still there too. The only 1963 Fairlane know to exsist with a chopped roof was back to haunt me.
I dumped this car 6 years ago for one tenth it's original cost. It went off to Peterborough with a young man that had planned to breath new life into the sorry looking car. I found out that, not only did he fail in his efforts, that he sold it to another guy with the same intentions for the car. Clearly, this second person was unable to bring the car back from the dead.
Now, the car is in the hands of a professional resto/rod shop that is planning to do up the car and be ready for a car show this winter as one of two demonstrators of their workmanship. They know they have a long road project with this car, but are certain they can put it together in time for the show. They didn't even bat an eye when I described the curse on the car.
Will DNA Speed & Kustoms be able to break the curse and produce another beautiful street rod? Will the curse rear its ugly head with every move they make? This all remains to be seen, which I will now that I am formally invited to witness the car at its finest at the car show.
Happy Halloween.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AL.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:17 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool story AL, you must have flipped when you saw that thing parked there. Did somebody mention it or did you just happen to come by it. I've never had one come back to haunt me because they never leave...the damn yard is full.....it's a grave yard I say, a grave yard out here ..weoh hoh hoh......

Happy Hell-o-ween everyone
TFC

Old 10-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Nobody told me about it. The car found me. After so much history with that car, I had very mixed emotions when I saw the sorry condition she was in.
This is the first car that ever found its way back into my life. I met the new owners yesterday and today I met the guy that will be doing the new upolstery. What's next??????
AL.
P.S. ... CHUCK.....I asked for dibbs on any Fairlane parts that will be replaced with other stuff.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:03 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Very scary, never had this happen to me. For some reason, I tend to be the final owner of all my vehicles?? May they rest in piece.

PS- Who would chop a Fairlane??

Frank

Old 11-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by fp_5
PS- Who would chop a Fairlane??Frank
I've been asking for twenty years if anyone has ever seen or heard of a "Small" Fairlane having a chopped roof. So far, the answers have been pretty much any other vehicle, but not this year group of Fairlanes.
So, Frank, the answer to your question is one word..................ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We should start planning now about FTE members attending the International Centre car show this coming February. I've never been to that event, so, who amongst us would like to start a new thread to gather the troops?
AL.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:51 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Al, Al, Al... ....beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, Fairlanes had decent lines as they were. I can't see a chop improving the looks. Definitely different though. Do you have any pictures? I have seen chopped trucks like mine (73-79) and I have the same opinon of them. Now a model A ford....cool! As with some other cars('49 Merc comes to mind) if done within reason. I have also seen some cars that had front windshiels that looked like letter slots on a mail box....too much of a good thing IMO. BUT, to each their own! IF it's what you like then go for it I always say.

The show at the International centre, what's it called these days?(MOtion? World of Wheels?), is kinda pricey admission if I remember right. I had my muustang in that show back in '87 and they still send registration info! Always nice to see what people can do when not limited to the financial restraints of the average joe. Count me in!

Maybe we can chop the Pinto and enter it? Do they have a duct tape class?

Old 11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Frank, Frank, Frank.....

The chopped top totally changed the look of the car. The height of the body panels from the rockers up are tall and smooth. The body line that runs from the nose of the front fender all the way back into a small, stylish fin, beautifully separates the two halfs of the car. The lowered roof makes the sides of the car look even taller. The A and B pillars are "square" compared to the lower half of the car and the straight lines and angle of the rear pillar completes the contrasting, lowered look. In its prime, this car not only turned heads, it baffled so many car lovers to the point where many asked, "What kind of car is that?".
Unfortunately, I sent the photo album of start to finish pics with the car 6 years ago. The car can be seen at 736 Warden Ave. (just north of Fairfax)
Now, I double dog doo dare you to ask me if I had the means, opportunity and another car, would I cut another 63 Fairlane, 2 door sedan?
AL.
P.S. ... Read My Signature.

Last edited by Dealford; 11-02-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:39 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Why not chop the BII? It can't get any uglier........can it?

Old 11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Ya, It Can....

Originally Posted by loudfords
Why not chop the BII? It can't get any uglier........can it?
BUSH GUARD
AL.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:23 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Chad that BII cut (not chop) had me laughing out loud.... Slamming poor Al like that...damn give me some warning man I'm still grinning

TFC

Old 11-05-2006, 03:37 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
I think I'll try and stop by Warden and have a look at your dark past......

BTW- Got my registtration info again, It's called "Performance World custom car and truck show March 9,10 & 11. features the 75th Aniversary of the '32 ford.

Frank

Old 11-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Atta Boy Frank !!!!!!!!!!!!

So, does this mean that it will be YOU that starts a thread about "Performance World Car and Truck Show"?
Question Frank.....Can another person of your choosing use the regestration form that you have? Wanna start a contest? You could ask a real tough question like .......How many beers in a 24? Fist correct answer gets the prize. Any wrong answers, well, I'd say falling into a toilet in a motel room was a minor giggle compared to the razzing somebody would get.
AL.
P.S. ... Just an after thought............If Matt was to enter his Focus at Performance World C&T under the Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner, could he possibly win a prize for the best disguised truck?

Last edited by Dealford; 11-05-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:46 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
[/QUOTE]P.S. ... Just an after thought............If Matt was to enter his Focus at Performance World C&T under the Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner, could he possibly win a prize for the best disguised truck? [/QUOTE]

You guys have Matt all wrong!! He actually drives a 1948 F1 pick up with extensive mods and customized to look and perform just like a Focus! I tell you the man is the Chip Foose of Sarnia!!

Frank

On Edit....Yeehaw..500 posts! I is an elder now!

Last edited by fp_5; 11-06-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:01 PM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by fp_5
to look and perform just like a Focus!
Don't you mean underperform? Oh yeah, still faster than the Montana....

Old 11-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Yoo Hoo, Fraaaaank......

AHEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You didn't answer the question(s)
AL.

Quick Reply: Return Of The Cursed Car......