1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

reverse tilt hood

Old 10-23-2002, 09:59 PM
larrykvet
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reverse tilt hood

has anyone installed the no limit reverse tilt hood kit in a 53 f100? I am having problems- I went through the whole installation and thought that everything was ok until I put the hood on- it seems that the hood edges that are closest to the firewall stick out about 1/2 inch over the fenders- I think that the stock hood hinge pulled these edges in when the hood was installed- I already have finish paint on this truck and am boofed- anyone encounter this problem and how did you fix it?

Old 10-24-2002, 09:42 PM
fatfords
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reverse tilt hood

I can't help you with the No Limit kit, but I will offer an idea.
I saw a truck at a show that had a reverse hood. The hood adjustment rods that originally go from the aft cross brace toward the front were replaced with braces made of square tubing, same as most of the kits I've seen.
Here's the different part. It looked like the old adjustment rod was installed on top (longer bolt in the original location) of the new square tubing brace and rotated to align with where the hood hinge used to bolt to the hood. The rod was inserted in one of the empty holes from the hood hinge and threaded so that it could "pull" the side of the hood toward the center.
I have since seen a very similar rod on the hood of a 56 Mercury pick-up. I don't know if this is a piece of original equipment or just two different guys with the same idea.

LOL,
Kent
56 F-100

Old 10-25-2002, 06:13 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
reverse tilt hood

Search this Thread