1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New Member! I have an IFS Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Gear Up
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it easy fenders, there may have been some of those out there that thought the ABS headliner thread got old and the truck was out driving too. It is a good way to share tips and help each other out. It is a personal preferance decission as to what to go with but it is helpful to see what the options are and what is being done. Just because my old ford is going to go a different direction doesn't mean I'm not gleaning good ideas from you experienced ford owners. I truly enjoy visiting the forum and learning from everyone. Have a good day.

Old 03-09-2003, 10:37 AM
DS02F250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Gear Up
Take it easy fenders, there may have been some of those out there that thought the ABS headliner thread got old and the truck was out driving too. It is a good way to share tips and help each other out. It is a personal preferance decission as to what to go with but it is helpful to see what the options are and what is being done. Just because my old ford is going to go a different direction doesn't mean I'm not gleaning good ideas from you experienced ford owners. I truly enjoy visiting the forum and learning from everyone. Have a good day.
Not like "fat fenders" to respond like that. Must be havin a bad day. He's entitled; we all have our days... (though I have to admit, my first response was,"who pee'd in his Cheerio's?"!!!) LOL
Daryl

Old 03-09-2003, 12:05 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru

I think 'fenders was simply highlighting the fact the original post was aprox. 9 mnths old so the guy that raised the issue is long past wanting a reply.

(Not only am I sticking up for him but i think i understand him as well - scarey!)

Later,

Old 03-09-2003, 12:44 PM
battered_bronco
Elder User

what about the next guy(me) that does a search to find some answers or ideas about his or her truck
if that person finds all their info and the board lowers the number of duplicate questions in new posts which i under stand the need for answers as i drive an old ford(check my name) but clutter will keep people from easily finding answers
and i thank everybody who post here to help someone especilly the people who run these boards it is a great help

Old 03-09-2003, 01:24 PM
286merc
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whaadhesay?
I just love those posts with no punctuation and all run together.

And yes the thread is very old. Do a search and you can finds LOTS of more recent stuff on the same subject. Lots of things happened during those 9 months relating to IFS thinking.

Old 03-09-2003, 02:54 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally posted by ferguson777
I think 'fenders was simply highlighting the fact the original post was aprox. 9 mnths old so the guy that raised the issue is long past wanting a reply.

(Not only am I sticking up for him but i think i understand him as well - scarey!)

Later,

RMF has my back Is this the part where we sing Kumbaya?

Sorry Gear up, Daryl and Bronco Man, no offense intended. I was in fact just making reference to the date of the initial post, which by the way Earl was credited with starting. An IFS in Earl? Yah, that'll happen, the day after after pigs fly and I drop a SBC back in my truck

Old 03-09-2003, 03:40 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru

'fenders,

You know it bud! No need to watch your back when RMFs around. I got it.

(Actually, when you're unemployed, you gotta be nice to EVERYBODY - in case their sister-in-law works in HR for some big company in Ottawa. By the way, does she?)

Later,

Old 03-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Gear Up
Senior User

Open mouth, insert foot and chew vigirously. Should have known that fenders had a handle as to where he was coming from. I'm knew at looking at the board and assertaining all the info. Sorry fenders.

Old 03-10-2003, 08:11 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

'fenders,

I certainly didn't take any offence. I didn't even look at the posting date, so I didn't know it was an old post. Now, TELL ME MORE ABOUT PUTTING A SBC IN YOUR TRUCK! (Is this the way rumors get started?)

Old 03-10-2003, 08:54 AM
DS02F250
Posting Guru

Originally posted by fatfenders
RMF has my back Is this the part where we sing Kumbaya?

Sorry Gear up, Daryl and Bronco Man, no offense intended. I was in fact just making reference to the date of the initial post, which by the way Earl was credited with starting. An IFS in Earl? Yah, that'll happen, the day after after pigs fly and I drop a SBC back in my truck
I didn't notice the date of the original post, so the apologies are mine. Heck, I don't even know where to look for the date of the original post! If the Kumbaya doesn't work, perhaps a group hug? (NOT!!!)

Daryl

Old 03-10-2003, 10:07 PM
battered_bronco
Elder User

if five years down the roud, someone adds info to this i may read it...............<look punicuation
if it helps some one 10 yaers down the road even better.
none the less no harm in anything said to me

Old 03-11-2003, 01:16 PM
fordman102
Elder User

Hey I read all these posts on IFS. I still havn't decided to go with mustang or dakota for my 51. MY brother says he will give me his dakota (freebee). Those mustangs are few and far apart. Don't really want to mow the grass with my front bumper so giving the dakota lots of thought. Will the dakota lower the front end or is it gonna be near the same as stock.

Old 03-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Goobzilla
Elder User

Imagine my shock this morning when I logged in and see this old thread I started bumped back up to the top. Just to update everyone, I am basically still at the beginning of my project. Buying a new house and the time demands of a new job kind of ground things to a halt. But I'm all settled in now and ready to get back after it.

I am a little interested in the Dakota kit. I would think they'd be somewhat plentiful in the junkyards and reasonably priced. I checked out their website and it doesn't have a lot of info on it yet. Perhaps I'll pick the brains of some of the forum users that have done this to their trucks.

I really hope that this is the year i really get back in to this truck. No more excuses, the house I've bought has a great shop and I think I have most of the tools I need. I will try to do a better job of keeping everyone updated and I now have a digital camera for starting my gallery.

Thanks guys, hope to be on the road one of these days.

Ron

Old 03-11-2003, 02:44 PM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ron, I think you're right about availability of Dakota parts. The problem is the cost of the crossmember which is about double what you can get a Mustang II for and I know of only one manufacturer...

Old 03-11-2003, 05:17 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

I told ya Ron was still packin' a straight axle.