Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Post Fiend

fishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to all
know where to buy steel?

bout got the early bronco ready for some trails drivetrain wise and ready to bend up a cage with my recently acquired Pro 105 bender. looking for 1.75x.120 DOM tubing in grade 1020 to 1026

does anyone know of a respectable steel distributor within a couple hours of Hartsfield airport? i have scoured the phone book and everyone i talk to either cant get it or make some lame excuse so they dont have to custom order tubing

-cutts-
Old 10-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Posting Guru

Huntsman is starting off with a positive reputation.
A lot of the welding supply house's carry tubing, structural steel and plate steel. Our local shop is 'Jone's welding and industrial supply' and I think they have other store locations around Ga. The closest seems to be in the Macon area.
Warner Robins
103 Constitution Dr.
Warner Robins, GA 31088
478-953-7777
Old 10-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Post Fiend

fishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to all
cool, i'll have to call and see how competitive they are with their prices. i was just wondering if there was another place other than Ga Steel in Atl. TW Steels in forrest park seems to be decent and i really like their free shipping to a residence offer! quite tempting!

i have checked with several welding shops around here and some look at me like i am stupid! i just wanna know i am getting the best deal with respectable customer service since i'll be ordering 150'

thanx man

-cutts-
Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Junior User

yellow_jacket is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ryerson Tull sells tubing. They are on the north side, but they deliver.

On the southside in newnan there is Sable Steel. I can't remember if they deliver or not.

I have used both, but I use Ryerson for a lot of sheet. I realize that for you 150 feet is alot, but for these guys that is nothing. Be sure to mention if they are delivering to a residence or if you will pick it up as this will drastically affect pricing. I am 99% sure that both of these companies sell to individuals. I buy for work so you might want to check.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_jacket
Ryerson Tull sells tubing. They are on the north side, but they deliver.
thanx man, i actually called them yesterday and i'm headed up there to pick it up. i dont mind going to get it, not to mention i'm not 100% sure where i'm gonna put it all for now, lol.

i completely forgot about sable steel! i might call them and just see waht kind of prices they offer

-cutts-
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter