Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Define "COLDSNAP"....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Define "COLDSNAP"....

Shucks, it's been going from near thirty in the morning to seventy in the afternoon. JUST WEEKS after bein' sweating hot!

I'm glad I had ten gallons of kero on my porch and my K-heater isn't messed up!

I'm doing all I can to make my house absorb heat and give it back tonight, but I may go on and get a fifty fiver of kero before it's all over this time around.

Stock up people, I have a nasty feeling this winter is gonna be a bad 'un...

Ain't never seen it come on so quick.

~Wolf

Old 11-02-2006, 10:26 PM
mblayton
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold snap, anything below 70, and I live a lot further North than you I HATE SNOW

Old 11-03-2006, 06:43 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
It got down to freezing in Louisiana the last days I was there this wk. What a change. in my hunting. I was sweating & swatting mosquitos one day & freezing the next day. I bet it was colder around here

Old 11-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I spent the entire day winterizing RV's on the lot, and trying to tell the service writer:

"It's nice and fine that you can up-sell other work to all these fine people. But DAMMIT! Until all SIXTY of our own stock are safe, you need to consider ME to be OUT OF TOWN - OKAY?"

The guy really burnt me bad. I had standing orders to get all of our stuff done - me and one other guy - and here he came waltzing down the lot expecting us to haul everything to the other end because he disregarded the fact that we had three other techs....

SLAP!

"There ya go. When your head stops spinning, your gyros ought to be re-oriented (Jackdaw!). Now live within your priorities..."

I'm of a mind to show up tomorrow unasked to see that all of the coaches are winterized before anything breaks from frozen fittings.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
I let someone use (store) our RV a few winters ago and paid the price. They didn't drain the lines and I had to replace fittings on every hot side of our faucets - not an easy thing to do in the close confines of an RV! Our drain line off of the gray tank still leaks.