Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Project update

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:44 PM
rboeding
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project update

I thought I would make my 200 th post in the TN forum. I also wanted to update my project with this. I have a 77 f100 that I am rebuilding with my son. I have the brakes and steering done. We are putting AC in it. Found out thet the radiator was too small so we are installing a large radiator and shroud to have room for the condensor. While installing the vacumme stuff for the ac we found a huge leak and now the truck starts and runs better than I could have hoped. The truck is still a awfull light blue (baby blue but don't tell my son). I hope to get the radiator/condensor in this weekend and then install new floor pans using panel adhesive. My newly turned 16 daughter wants to drive the truck sunday evening to soccer practice. Antique insurance was $49 /6 months and her on my wife's Mountanieer was 212 /6 months so all in all not bad. Maybe next month I can get the truck in for paint and then I can bring my kids and myself to the next GTG and not be too ashamed. Thanks for listening to my 200TH post and thanks for all the help.

Rob

Old 10-20-2006, 10:05 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
awefully light blue - nothing that a few cans of krylon can't fix!

Old 10-20-2006, 10:18 PM
rboeding
Senior User
Yeah, That must be why my son wants black with flames. Must be some sort of over compensation.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
It sounds like the truck is coming together well. Have fun with the rebuild.

Old 10-21-2006, 05:51 PM
rboeding
Senior User
I got the radiator and condensor installed today. Everthing is hooked up and all the doors move correctly and we have heat. Got to get the ac pulled down and charged but I guess I will wait for next spring for that. Everthing looks great under the hood and I can actually see progress now. I replaced the battery ground cable and put an extra ground to the frame and everthing electric works great now.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
BigDfromTN
Tuned

Originally Posted by rboeding
I got the radiator and condensor installed today. Everthing is hooked up and all the doors move correctly and we have heat. Got to get the ac pulled down and charged but I guess I will wait for next spring for that. Everthing looks great under the hood and I can actually see progress now. I replaced the battery ground cable and put an extra ground to the frame and everthing electric works great now.
You might want to go ahead and get the AC pulled down and charged to avoid contamination of the system??????

Old 10-25-2006, 09:38 PM
rboeding
Senior User
I plan on pulling a vacuum this weekend and let it sit to see if I have any leaks.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:28 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
I'd sell you a door gasket set, I bought it, didn't use it since after replacing the window gaskets in the door eleminated the problems I was having.
I tried to find antique auto insurance back when I had antique tags on the F-150, had no luck, ended up with liability and uninsured motorist, good thing too, because it was hit and run.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:43 PM
rboeding
Senior User
I got mine from State Farm. I had to fill out a form that described the truck but the big question was was I going to take it to shows or use it in parades. That seemed to push it over the edge toward antique. I got uninsured motorest, liability, collision, comp and a stated value of 5K. I knew that with regular insurance if there was a loss that they would look at the title and give me $500 and total the truck so the antique seemed better because it is worth at least 5K to me. Might be more in the future but I can call them and up the price and for eack 1K it will go up about $5.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
I have Progressive Drive through AAA, I feared our F-150 to be totalled out, $1700 damage, they took time to research the issue, truck was in great shape, rebuilt engine, most important of all, no leaks, told me they gave it a value of $5000. I can't tell you how pleased I was that it wasn't totalled out, I bought everything except a leaf spring to repair it, went back even better than before, and it turned into my wifes daily driver. Now we are having an impossible time selling it, really sad situation, should have cut corners to use the money elsewhere, I can't seem to sell this truck for $2700 now, No buying another vehicle now, good thing the totall wasn't spent on the trucks repairs.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:02 PM
BigDfromTN
Tuned

Originally Posted by rboeding
I got mine from State Farm. I had to fill out a form that described the truck but the big question was was I going to take it to shows or use it in parades. That seemed to push it over the edge toward antique. I got uninsured motorest, liability, collision, comp and a stated value of 5K. I knew that with regular insurance if there was a loss that they would look at the title and give me $500 and total the truck so the antique seemed better because it is worth at least 5K to me. Might be more in the future but I can call them and up the price and for eack 1K it will go up about $5.
Just be aware..... Stated amount means just that. You State is is worth 5K.
This is opposed to "agreed amount" in which if it is totaled you get 5K. as they agree it is worth 5K.

Not trying to insult here just making sure others understand the difference.

Keep up the good work!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can always have it appraised, and then notify the insurance Co, but I don't know what impact that may have on premiums. Probably not good...