Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Competition Diesel racing, sleds, dynos, power tuning and max performance.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Elder User

Jocaren is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy took on a cummins today

ok i have 06 250 psd no mods,
i was pulling onto the highway and spotted a pretty new dually dodge. He tried to pass me and of course i had to hit it, stayed ahead and he pulled in behind me. about a mile later i let him get beside me , we were only going about 60 and he looks at me with a big grin and slams the throttle so i do the same we got up tp about 95 and by that time he was right behind my tailgate(no traffic in sight). we get off the same exit and he gives me a smile and a wave....good sport! just thought id share, this is my first race with another diesel!
Old 10-27-2006, 06:28 PM
New User

G-Dog is starting off with a positive reputation.
nice win on that drips oil drips grease everywhere
Old 10-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dog
nice win on that drips oil drips grease everywhere

????????????
Old 10-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Post Fiend

150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Great win man an he was a good sport about it. Cant beat that. Some off these Dodge guys are so cocky though. They think there truck is the hottest thing on the road an nothing can touch them an if they lost {an they do} they just about go beserck.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:06 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocaren
????????????
Drips Oil Drips Grease Everywhere

Make more sense now?
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 10-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Post Fiend

Dustin1690 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Dustin1690 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Oh lol i get it sounds like some highway fun its cool too that he is a good sport about it just hate when they are cocky

My Truck:
1993 F150 XLT Reg cab Long box 351 (5.8L) E4OD 2wd 3.55 non limited slip axle factory ten hole aluminum rims

Dad's Truck:
1992 F150 XLT Supercab Short box 302 (5.0l) E4OD 2wd 3.55 non limited slip axle factory five star wheels

2006 F150 XLT Supercrew 5.5ft box XTR 5.4l 4R75E 3.73 LS 4x4
Old 10-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Drips Oil Drips Grease Everywhere. I've heard a lot of names about the fords, but never this one. I'll definitely remember this one for future use. If you'd had an SCT he'd never have been able to catch you to wave good race.

R.I.P. SteveBricks. A friend you always were and ever shall be.

Tim
Old 10-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie88
Drips Oil Drips Grease Everywhere

Make more sense now?
OHHHHHHHHHHHH i get it now, i was COMPLETLEY LOST hahaha

Are we faster than a dodge stock for stock? i was sort of worried, it would of been hard enough to lose by myself but my buddy (dodgeman) was with me which made it all the sweeter!
Old 10-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
Miscellaneous
Obsolete
Parts
Assembled
Recklessly

Yes, some of those Dodge guys are a little funny when they get shut down.
I have driven several, but I have not driven one yet that drives as nice as my 300 thousand mile plus Ford does as far as the steering goes.
I just drove a 2000 60 miles this week, had 69,000 on the clock.
I would not do an even swap for my 86 Ford the way it drove.
I do like the way the six speed shifts and I like how the parking brake holds, but there has to be more than that to like about a truck before I would buy one.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

FTE Moderator IDI diesel forum

WV Chapter Member
Old 10-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Senior User

Lance_I is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dave I agree I have nothing against a Cummins engine. I've got an ISX 600 in my Freightliner. I borrowed my brothers 03 Dodge a month ago when my rods, rings, and springs were getting put in. I just can't drive a dodge. I was all over the road. I was afraid to get in the center lane on the interstate because it drifted side to side too bad.
01 F250 PSD 7.3 SC, Sprlift 4" lift 35" GYR MTR, Airaid intake, Bnks IC, Bhead wg, turbine housing,DP-Tuner Stk,No Strt, 60,80,100,120,140,smk,hi idle, Bnks whl, 5" Mflow, wg disable, Autometer gauges, Zoodad,Sp 18K,Sth Bnd Clutch,CCV,AIH del w/bst,EBPV del, SP ovrbst kill, Crower Rods, Hstuds
Old 10-30-2006, 04:14 PM
New User

sorry Drips Oil Drips Grease Everywhere DODGE I should have made the first litters caps
Old 10-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Elder User

noone ever answers the stock for stock question
ARE WE FASTER or they?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:03 PM
New User

Thumbs up

we are dodge i dont have to say a nother word FORD trucks are #1

Last edited by G-Dog; 10-30-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:10 AM
Postmaster

ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocaren
noone ever answers the stock for stock question
ARE WE FASTER or they?
It depends... same gearing, same size tires, both auto trannies... it'll be pretty close. I think the newest cummins are rated higher hp than the 6.0s.

However, a hot tuner on the cummins and a hot tuner on the 6.0, the cummins will win, all else being equal, most likely. Tooooo many factors.
My Truck Pics
Old 10-31-2006, 04:21 AM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Tuner to tuner there's no way a cummins will beat my truck--it's not even close

R.I.P. SteveBricks. A friend you always were and ever shall be.

Tim
Old 10-31-2006, 04:21 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Competition

Tags
bill, cummin, diesel, dohcmarauderfordtruckenthusiasts, faster, fletcher, id, legal, street, strokin, tailgate, truck, tx