Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Another New House

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 07:39 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another New House

Well, might as well be. I ordered the 19.5 wheels today and the Michelin commercial tires to go with. This means I practically have to commit to a 4" lift, and to be happy, we better be swappin gears to a 4.10. Its gonna be my new house, since my wife ain't lettin me sleep in this one anymore!
Seriously, just gloating. I'm very hopeful that this decision isn't one that I'll regret down the road. I get so hacked off every time I'm trailering. Everything underneath me feels squishy and tires going into winter, . . . eh. What the heck. I can do it now or spring. Might as well now before I have to sweat the snow and ice.
Almost think if I change injectors one of these days, there won't be anything left to do! (ha ha we know that ain't true)

Old 10-31-2006, 09:09 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Pretty funny! Sounds like some great upgrades...

Old 11-01-2006, 08:25 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Outstanding. Can't wait to see her when you are done. Do you have a DRW or SRW?

BTW... You still need to pick up a DP, DI, TS or Tony Wildman chip to really make that thing run...

Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Its SRW. The Edge was about the first thing I did to it. I've said before though, our first mods arent always our most educated. Changing the chip is on the list of wants, but not the list of immediate wants.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:39 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
I'm gonna add on here simply because I got to deal with a place that left me feeling pretty warm n fuzzy. I was looking all over for gears. Packages, pricing, quality, all that. Ended up calling Randy's Ring & Pinion. First of all, when I said I had a diesel, I got to talk to a guy who himself was at least as ate up with diesels than I am. Told him what I wanted, he gave me his 2 cents, ended up going with the 4.56's. Now the cool part, checking around town I was around 2100-2200 just on parts. Through them, I got the gears, complete overhaul kits, diff cover, and Detroit posi for 1500 delivered. Not too shabby.
Now in theory this'll all be on my doorstep Monday.
Like I already said, Thanksgiving timeframe for everything to be in and on. So I won't worry about pics and end final outcome commentary until then, but I'm definately looking forward to getting there.
If any of you watch South Park, if you saw the one where Cartman wanted to be frozen for 3 weeks just so time would pass cuz he couldn't take the waiting . . . yeah. I'm there.