Question for you guys in the know

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for you guys in the know

Hey Guys

Perhaps you can help me out. After all the troubles with my truck (which I won't go into here) I've decided to put aftermarket guages in my truck (egt, pyrometer and trans temp). Problem is I don't know where to go to get the parts or who around the Springfield area can install them (I could do it myself, but then if they screw up, I got nobody to complain to by myself).

Question 1: Where do I get all the parts I need to get this done

Question 2: Who do you guys know about thats good at installing this kind of gear.

Thanks

Gunner15a

Old 10-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Hey Gunner15a,

What kinda problems have you been experiencing? We've got one of the premier techs in the business among us here in the Missouri Chapter. His screen name is vloney. He ventures down here in the chapter forum, but mainly he's up in the 6.0 forum solving problems or giving advice. His dealership isn't a terrible distance from you, in St. Robert......right up I-44 at Ft. Leonard Wood exit. He also might be able to assist you for your gauges.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Originally Posted by Century Coronado
Hey Gunner15a,

What kinda problems have you been experiencing? We've got one of the premier techs in the business among us here in the Missouri Chapter. His screen name is vloney. He ventures down here in the chapter forum, but mainly he's up in the 6.0 forum solving problems or giving advice. His dealership isn't a terrible distance from you, in St. Robert......right up I-44 at Ft. Leonard Wood exit. He also might be able to assist you for your gauges.
Might just pay him a visit after I get off this job. Get somebody I can TRUST to take a look at the mechanics notes after the last dealership (who shall remain nameless) screwed up my truck. Besides, need to visit my cousins kid who's going through boot camp there to become an MP

Here is the story.

I came off my LAST job pulling my 32ft 5th wheel from Guymon Ok back home. This was on a friday. Truck ran like a champ. Took it in on SATURDAY to the dealer that will remain nameless, and got the oil and filter changed, fuel filters, as well as the air filter.

Well I got it back home and parked it. After it got cold, it would barely start, and didn't seem to have any power whatsoever. Well I took it back to the dealership that shall remain nameless and told them to fix it. THEN I get word that the high pressure fuel pump and #7 injector were out of it (which is pretty damn strange considering the 6.0 Powerstroke doesn't HAVE a high pressure fuel pump).

By this time they'd had my truck for 3 days, and I had to go back out to work. SO I had to leave my trailer at home (which cost me 65 dollars a day, for which they wouldn't even CONSIDER re embursing me.........and were rude to my wife when she asked them about it) and denying they screwed up my truck.

Bottom line. It ran like a champ when I took it there. All it needed was oil change and filters (Air, fuel (both) and oil). The tech that worked on it screwed up my truck so he could hustle home and catch the Cards on TV that day.

Yeah...........Might very well come see somebody I can TRUST to work on my truck from now on.

Gunner15a

Old 10-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Gunner15a,

Check back here later, I'll PM vloney and let him know of this thread...

PS I know of no sharper or more congenial tech...

Old 10-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Gunner15a,

Check back here later, I'll PM vloney and let him know of this thread...

PS I know of no sharper or more congenial tech...
Thanks guys, I appreciate it..........Like I said, it will be nice talking to somebody I can TRUST for a change...........

Gunner15a

Old 10-23-2006, 07:25 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gunner15a-- if you come up, the dealership is off the 161 mile marker, towards ft leonard wood. The best way to get an accurate picture in diagnostics of the 6.0, make sure it can sit overnight. The diagnostics start by hooking up the ids before the first start. If you dont, as far as I'm concerned, you're wasting your time. I'll be glad to help! The number for the dealership is---573-336-2000. Sellers-sexton

Old 10-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Originally Posted by vloney
Gunner15a-- if you come up, the dealership is off the 161 mile marker, towards ft leonard wood. The best way to get an accurate picture in diagnostics of the 6.0, make sure it can sit overnight. The diagnostics start by hooking up the ids before the first start. If you dont, as far as I'm concerned, you're wasting your time. I'll be glad to help! The number for the dealership is---573-336-2000. Sellers-sexton
I think.........THINK........that my wife got a copy of the printouts and the mechanics notes for the service they did on my truck. If they did, I'll scan them and send them your way.

I'm not sure that it needs anything now...........They might have fixed it. The thing is they BROKE it in the first place, then tried to cover their collective *** by not being forward about it, THEN the owner of the dealership was rude to my wife (which will generally get you a broken nose if I'm within arms reach of you).......

THAT'S whats making me thing I ought to head your way. I'll see what the paperwork says when I get home though.......

Thanks for the help though, man, and I'll be in contact when I get back to the house.

Gunner15a

Last edited by Gunner15a; 10-23-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:54 PM
vloney
Postmaster

No problem, only too glad to help.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Gunner15a,

Read the thread, A Salute to Vloney...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...to-vloney.html

Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Gunner15a,

Read the thread, A Salute to Vloney...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...to-vloney.html
From what I just read, sounds like this vloney character is the cat I need wrenching on my warhorse

BTW..........Where is our next meet supposed to take place, anyway? I've been up to my butt in alligators for I don't know how long, and if I can, time permitting, need to get out and acutally MEET some of you folks in a less keyboard manner. Don't know about this month though. They got me on a 4 well platform, and this time off I have to get a wisdom tooth pulled and a lot of other dental work done, but I'll make it if I can.

Gunner15a

Old 10-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Gunner15a
From what I just read, sounds like this vloney character...

Gunner15a
That's a detail I failed to mention.........Vince is quite a character, he can stand toe to toe sarcasticly with any of the characters in this chapter...

Old 10-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
That's a detail I failed to mention.........Vince is quite a character, he can stand toe to toe sarcasticly with any of the characters in this chapter...
And thats a bad thing BECAUSE?............I'm still hunting a down side here

Gunner15a

Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
The down side for me is, he's at the 161 mile marker on I-44 instead of the 272....the down side for you is he's at the 161 instead of the 80...

Old 10-23-2006, 09:24 PM
vloney
Postmaster

If you are in the middle, it's kinda like a buffer zone to watch for um....er.....excited um...senior citizens, and not get snuck up on!

Old 10-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Hey Hot Dawg, I'm NOT a senior citizen.....

Gunner15a, here's the mans office.....his tool box

Quick Reply: Question for you guys in the know