6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Fuel Economy For 6.4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:52 PM
REELNAUTI4U
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Economy For 6.4 ?

I am like a kid before christmas waiting to order a 2008 f250 kingranch. Any idea what kind of fuel #S this engine will have ?

Last edited by REELNAUTI4U; 10-21-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Welcome to FTE REELNAUTI4U
Read First: https://www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html

I personally have not seen the projected numbers. Once we get a few on the road we will see true mileage from personal use.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:48 PM
BowTieHatr
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
black and white is stating 20% increase. bad thing is these trucks are not fuel economy rated due to what they are meant to do.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:52 PM
rimshoes
Senior User
re

Originally Posted by BowTieHatr
black and white is stating 20% increase. bad thing is these trucks are not fuel economy rated due to what they are meant to do.
May I inquire as to who black and white is. Do they have the new 6.4 in a Ford commercial truck ? One other question. Will the new 6.4 be available outside the United States ? If you get on the Navistar/International web site it seems they build quite a few diesel engines for several different end users.

I am always facinated with diesel technology. I am not facinated with federal mandates forcing the big three into compliance and have big reservations on the new engine. Maybe not the basic motor, but the emmisions hardware that will have to be added. This is why i ask if the motor will be available outside the USA.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:30 PM
BowTieHatr
Postmaster
some publications i have read on the 6.4 and talking about the fueling strategy, the multiple injections being used on the 6.4 will make it more fuel efficient. i want to say 20% was the number but dont quote me on that.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
rimshoes
Since Missouri departed from France with the Louisiana Purchase in 1803 and the territory was admitted as a state following the Missouri Compromise of 1820 the 6.4L will be available in your area.....

More information will be released as the launch Date approaches. The emissions hardware was not added, the engine is specifically designed as a unit to meet standards. As far as being compliant to meet Foreign emissions, that is a good question and well worth finding information on since we have members from Germany and beyond.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Ry_Trapp0
Junior User
i think it will mainly come down to if the other countries have ULSD or not(since pumps say not to use non-ULSD in 07+ trucks). i know most of europe does, if not all so i wouldnt imagine europe would be a problem. but then again, hardly any trucks are shipped over to europe anyways(english people are too sophisticated for a big gas guzzling road hogging american truck). i think that might leave australia out, dont think they have ULSD. then again, im not positive on that. the main thing is i really cant see ford re-emissioning'(for lack of better terminology) these trucks for non-ULSD.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
rimshoes
Senior User
re

rimshoes
Since Missouri departed from France with the Louisiana Purchase in 1803 and the territory was admitted as a state following the Missouri Compromise of 1820 the 6.4L will be available in your area.

And I thought it was the American/Mexican war that would govern this. O.K. now I understand what I walked into. I laugh along with you at my expense.
Hey, thats O.K. "black and white" is a new one on me. Any "white" papers on this new motor ? yuk, yuk.

A million miles on a dyno does not mean you will get 20 % better milage.
I can not wait to hear what people will be saying about this new motor after they have it in thier driveway.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
ACM
Freshman User
Hey - I resembe that remark !!

Me'n'my 7.3 Soopah-Doody have no problems guzzling all the paraffin we can get our hands on.

And besides, if I get any pangs of conscience needling me I can always point to my little 60mpg Ginetta sports cars. Well, when they run it's 60mpg, but since they're British that's 11 miles a year, down to the parts shop and almost all the way back...

Charles - Whiney Limey Esq.

Originally Posted by Ry_Trapp0
i think it will mainly come down to if the other countries have ULSD or not(since pumps say not to use non-ULSD in 07+ trucks). i know most of europe does, if not all so i wouldnt imagine europe would be a problem. but then again, hardly any trucks are shipped over to europe anyways(english people are too sophisticated for a big gas guzzling road hogging american truck). i think that might leave australia out, dont think they have ULSD. then again, im not positive on that. the main thing is i really cant see ford re-emissioning'(for lack of better terminology) these trucks for non-ULSD.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
BowTieHatr
Postmaster
Originally Posted by rimshoes
Hey, thats O.K. "black and white" is a new one on me. Any "white" papers on this new motor ? yuk, yuk.

A million miles on a dyno does not mean you will get 20 % better milage.
I can not wait to hear what people will be saying about this new motor after they have it in thier driveway.
you never seen the white sticker on your right valve cover, yuk yuk.

these trucks have not been on a dyno. they have been real world testing to give them some ideas. fleet testing and road trips have been going on since april or june.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:20 PM
killaford
Elder User
i,ma guessin' it will be lower.

Last edited by killaford; 10-23-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Ry_Trapp0
Junior User
Originally Posted by ACM
Hey - I resembe that remark !!

Me'n'my 7.3 Soopah-Doody have no problems guzzling all the paraffin we can get our hands on.

And besides, if I get any pangs of conscience needling me I can always point to my little 60mpg Ginetta sports cars. Well, when they run it's 60mpg, but since they're British that's 11 miles a year, down to the parts shop and almost all the way back...

Charles - Whiney Limey Esq.
lol, my bad. i was just on another website at the time with some brits(and a ton of americans too, go figure. free speach gives people to much power i think, lol) bitching about our huge gas wasting trucks.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
King ranch. what do u do for a livin. arent those gona be like high 60's.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
REELNAUTI4U
Senior User
Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
King ranch. what do u do for a livin. arent those gona be like high 60's.
60k ???? NOOOOOO.......I bet a F250 crew cab Fx4 with sunroof, nav. system ,6.4 diesel and all the fun stuff will have a MSRP of approx. 54k and can be purchased at invoice without rebates for around $47530.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:01 PM
jmcholden
Senior User
How did we go from fuel economy to the price of the truck!
Fuel economy will be less and price will be more= my bet anyway.
Fuel economy will be less because of the added horsepower needed to over come the emissions BS and cost will go up because of all the design changes and added emissions,..... and creature comforts.
JMC