1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Why We Do This

Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 AM
F6Guy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If by trailer queen you mean pullin a trailer with your truck then I'm guilty

Old 10-21-2006, 11:25 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nuthin
HEY!

Some of us redheads have trucks of our own!

Oh My God, She's a Redhead.

All my life the equations has been and remains;
Dick (Me) + Redhead (Female) = Big Time Trouble (For Me)

Old 10-21-2006, 01:22 PM
F6Guy
Elder User
I am going to go alittle off topic hear but since the subject of red heads has come up(I too, love red heads, oh yeah) How can you tell when a red head is satisfied? She unties you!!

Old 10-21-2006, 03:17 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by F6Guy
I am going to go alittle off topic hear but since the subject of red heads has come up(I too, love red heads, oh yeah) How can you tell when a red head is satisfied? She unties you!!
Prexactly what I'm talkin bout.

They gonna shut down this thread
I'm gonn be baggin my head
They gonna say I've been bad
Nuther Redhead, I've been had.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:33 PM
DonMckay
Senior User
Hmmmm, a Redhead with a red truck, now that could be trouble. Just Kidding nuthin.
When I finally get mine done it will probably get a bit of trailer time as some of the shows that I want to take in are a ways from where I live and I wouldn't want to wear out the old girl. The closer shows I will drive to though.
Don

Old 10-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Gear Up
Senior User
From the purist to the radical mods there is a reason why we do it. It is the love of the machine. Taking a run down machine and brining it back to what we believe to be our ideal. Some trucks are complete and not so pristeen are good candidates for complete back to original restorations and yet there are those that have sat on top of rock piles for years with bullet hole through both sides and missing front clips and have had motor mount welded into them for bowtie powerplants. They all are works of art in the end and we all are artists in our own rights And sometimes in our own minds. Everyone on this site at some time or another have dreamt about how their truck would turn out. However long it takes and however many turn your take along the way it is your deam. Keep on keepin on.

Gear Up

Old 10-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
I bleeve you nailed it, Gear Up.

Keep On Truckin'

Old 10-21-2006, 08:28 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to add a little here. The reason we do it, is a sense of accomplishment. When I put a engine together or another project on my truck and I turn it over or take it for a cruise for the first time. It's a feeling you can't explain. Knowing that you did it yourself and everything is running smoothly, then knowing that you put life into your truck again is great. That's why I do it.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Gear Up
Senior User
There is a lot of truth to that as well. I remember the first time I tore my first engine down in college and had to do as much of the work as possible and how the weeks went by worrying whether I would ever get it back together and that it would run. The instructor bet me a can of coke that it would start and I didn't have the nerve. Yep, it started on the first try and to hear it run for the first time the buttons popped on my shurt from the pride of getting it done right. In order to get the A I contracted for I had to drive the car for 2,500 miles and bring it in to do a leak down check to see how well everything seated in. All the cylinders but one had a pressure of 97 lbs. and the eighth cylinder had 96 lbs. I got the A for the quarter. There were a lot of other memories from that class but that can come later.

Gear Up

Old 10-22-2006, 11:39 AM
F6Guy
Elder User
The reason I did it is because honestly I could pull all the stuff I want to with my 3/4 ton, I may be a little over my weight limit but it will pull and do it faster than my Ford but I've been there done that and so has every other person out there that hauls anything. I wanted something diffrent that stuck out that met my specific purpose. It is a work truck and I can build it exactly the way I want to, to do what I want. I knew I made the right choice when I drve in at the muffler shop and there jaws hit the ground. Not that it is a particularly nice truck but because none of them had even seen a truck like that on the road since the late 70's.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:10 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Cause we can.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:42 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
Cause we can, cause we care, cause we are a family on here! I read many of the posts on here and after awhile you feel like part of a family that is very special. I hope to be a part of this forum for the next 50 years. I should be finished with my F6 over the winter and now I must decide whether the f-5 on epay is going to be my next project. I love these big old trucks and at the age of 37 will spend alot of time rebuilding a some of them. Hopefully alot of them!

Old 10-22-2006, 08:49 PM
joes52f6
Senior User
I can't wait to finally get mine on the road. It'll be a blast for sure.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 AM
reamer
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Why do we do this????
Cause thte wife said "NO you can't get that truck!"
The challange is on

Old 10-23-2006, 08:52 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
To quote the plaques you see at many shows " If you see this truck on a trailer, call 911, it's been stolen". I am building my truck to drive. The only way it will see a trailer under it is if it breaks down for some unforeseen reason. As to the question of pulling a trailer, if the Mercedes engine and tranny will move it, I'll pull it!

Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why We Do This