Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2006, 08:57 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Ford Dealer Fun

Hey guys,

Here is post I put over in the new trucks forum... Honest, I am not making this up!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/53...ml#post4053640

I won't mention the dealer name, but they are "Driven to be the best" ...

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Posting Guru

CBSuperduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
That sucks.... Sorry that it didn't work out for you.

2008 Dodge 3500, QCSB, 4X4, 6.7 CTD, Hand Shaker, No Mods Yet.......
1979 F250 2wd Pull Truck, 468CID

SOLD
2004 F350, RC, 4X4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, Various Mods.......
2002 F250, CC, 4X4, V10,
Old 10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
I had to run over to Council Bluffs on my lunch hour today, so I stopped in at McMullen Ford. They've got one 06 Ranger 4x4 SC on the lot. It's got a lot more options on it than the one I was looking at in Omaha. We just talked briefly, and they said right off the bat that they could do a lot better on my trade, and there will be a discount on the 06. We'll see, I am going to take my car over on Saturday morning and see what they really think they can do. I have visions of wasting a Saturday....

Oh, no surprise, the idiots over here in Omaha still can't find my missing key. The guy who supposedly knows was off today.... yeah right.

Winter Enthusiast!
Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Yes, that does suck! It's amazing what some of these dealers will do. I had a pretty good experience with Woodhouse, but I know that's not the case with some people (I think they were jerking Chris around). Anyway Rob, good luck with that, you'll have to let us know how it works out saturday.
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:09 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

Can't believe it, the deal in Council Bluffs actually worked out. Only took 2 hours and I was out the door with my new 06 Ranger Supercab 4x4 FX4. I am really happy with how it turned out. Since I work for UPRR, I qualify for the X-Plan deal. The only little bit of haggling we did was over my trade, and that wasn't bad.

I can't believe all the crap I went through at Performance. They still are giving me the run around on the lost key... The said if they can't find it they'll have a new one made.

I am relieved to be done with this episode. Now you guys can tease me about buying a Screamin' Yellow (that's what Ford calls it) Ranger!

Winter Enthusiast!
Quote:
Old 10-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Congrats Rob!! You'll have to throw up some pics of it when you get a chance. Be sure to drive your new truck to performance, with the other dealers tags on it, when they "find" your key!!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery

Old 10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

Got the pictures loaded, better put on your shades!

Click the image to open in full size.

You bet I'm going to drive it back to the other dealer! They've lost my service business too, I used to take the F150 there all the time when I first moved to Omaha.

Winter Enthusiast!
Quote:
Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Elder User

TwelveAlpha is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Glad to hear you got what you wanted. I dealt with Performance Chrysler twice. First time was a breeze, second time I got 4 squared and him hawed around and we were walking out the door when they caved, so we bought it there, but that soured me.
I guess I'll throw it out there. We went to Performance because my wife wanted new, but if any of you guys near lincoln wanted used, my uncle is a broker, shops the auctions all the time. He's pretty good at finding what someone wants and saving you a buck at the same time. You could just send me a PM if thats something that would ever help you.
I wont list a name here, I'm not his ad agency or anything.

I think the part I liked best about the van we got was we shopped Lincoln and Omaha both and finding identical was easy. The Lincoln guy called us a few days after he gave me his "best offer" on the phone and I told him we got it elsewhere. He was all crocodile tears and what not, "thought we had a pretty good price . . ." and I got to say "yeah pretty good except the four grand I saved by driving 50 miles."
Old 10-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

Nice looking truck Rob! And hey, just think how easy it'll be to find it in a crowded parking lot !! Can't wait to hear what Performance has to say when you pull up in that!

Old 10-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Post Fiend

150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Man Rob that looks great. That Ranger is sharp. The yellow with the black fenderwells really sets the truck off. I am glad you got what you wanted. My philosophy is if they dont have what I want or cant get it go elsewhere. Like Pat said youll never loose your vehicle.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Posting Guru

jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'll third what Pat said. One of a kind. That's how mine is.....even though there's three white F-150's at school this year, no one ever confuses mine with the other two!!!! Nice looking Ranger Rob!!!!!

69 F-250 "Mild" 390/C6 3.54 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
74 F-250 4x4 390/C6 4.10 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
05 F-250 FX4 Off Road 6.0/Auto
Old 10-22-2006, 09:13 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

Thanks guys! I'm really liking this truck... hope the new truck feeling lasts a loooooong time! (Besides, if I trade vehicles again too soon, my wife will kill me!)

Winter Enthusiast!
Quote:
Old 10-23-2006, 05:41 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

Performance finally found my spare key today. The salesman was very apologetic and seemed genuinely happy that I found a good deal on a truck. The sales manager said I was not telling the whole story and made up the deal. He doesn't think a small dealer could beat them. Whatever. I guess if your job is to deceive and rip honest people off, why would you believe someone that says they got a better deal elsewhere. I could have shown him my bill-of-sale, but it wasn't worth my time or effort.

Happy to say I'm done and I won't darken their doorway again.

Winter Enthusiast!
Quote:
Old 10-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Posting Guru

CBSuperduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad to hear that you got a good deal. I like the new ride. Good luck with it.

2008 Dodge 3500, QCSB, 4X4, 6.7 CTD, Hand Shaker, No Mods Yet.......
1979 F250 2wd Pull Truck, 468CID

SOLD
2004 F350, RC, 4X4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, Various Mods.......
2002 F250, CC, 4X4, V10,
Old 10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

What a creep! I hope you told that sales manager that you go to this site, and that you'll let all of us know how great of a dealership that their not!! I think I would have told him to stick it!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter