Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Senior User

superpony18 is starting off with a positive reputation.
New to biodiesel

Hello everyone, I have been reading through threads for a while now. I am very interested in using biodiesel, but I can't find any anywhere close to where I live. So after discussingf it with my wife and telling here all the benefits, money ant emissions won here over. I am looking into buying a kit, do to the fact that if I build my own it will never get done. Pretty much I am just saying hi and asking for any comments. I am going to purchase girl marks book.
2001 F-250 CC, LB, 4X4 7.3L/Built Auto/Warn hubs, 6637, straight pipe, HPX, Bully Dog 4 bank chip, WW, Triple pillar gauges, pre pump and intank, external tranny filter, boost tube, 45K lb. tranny cooler, 4"to 5" stacks, ebpv delete

1954 F100 - in pieces, currently porting heads
Old 10-19-2006, 07:58 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by superpony18
Hello everyone, I have been reading through threads for a while now. I am very interested in using biodiesel, but I can't find any anywhere close to where I live. So after discussingf it with my wife and telling here all the benefits, money ant emissions won here over. I am looking into buying a kit, do to the fact that if I build my own it will never get done. Pretty much I am just saying hi and asking for any comments. I am going to purchase girl marks book.
Welcome to the Biodiesel forum GirlMarks book is a great place to start. If you haven't found it yet try: http://www.biodieselcommunity.org There are links to several kit sources. Let us know if you need any help along the way, and Welcome to the Wonderful World of Biodiesel!

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 10-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Senior User

Thanks for the respons. I have done a lot of reading on that page. I'm going to gather up the stuff for a small batch this weekend.
2001 F-250 CC, LB, 4X4 7.3L/Built Auto/Warn hubs, 6637, straight pipe, HPX, Bully Dog 4 bank chip, WW, Triple pillar gauges, pre pump and intank, external tranny filter, boost tube, 45K lb. tranny cooler, 4"to 5" stacks, ebpv delete

Old 10-19-2006, 08:56 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
With a little luck, and attention to detail, I hope it comes out like this:

Click the image to open in full size.
or this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Happy Biodieseling!
FABMANDELUX.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Senior User

I hope it turns out like that also. It will atleast bafore it goes in my baby.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Senior User

Ok, I have been looking at buying a book but the two I found that I like both use paypal. don't really want to set up an acount. Anyone know were to find one that I can just use my card.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Ok, I have been looking at buying a book but the two I found that I like both use paypal. don't really want to set up an acount. Anyone know were to find one that I can just use my card.
You bet! Try here: http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/index.php

FABMANDELUX.

Old 10-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Senior User

Thank you for the reply Fabman, Ihave read a bit of your stuff. Just checked the web site, and the book I want is Girl Marks. It looks like I will have to get a paypal account.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the reply Fabman, Ihave read a bit of your stuff. Just checked the web site, and the book I want is Girl Marks. It looks like I will have to get a paypal account.
You can use a credit card at that site, just scroll down and you'll see the credit cards they accept.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Senior User

To purchase the book I want it redirects you to her site that uses paypal.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Senior User

Gun-Driver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Fabman,

Just looked at your pic's above and have a question.
I made a batch the other day and instead of it being the golden color you show above it was more of a redish color almost burgundy in color. I'm afraid to use it untill I figure out why the color difference.
I put a sample in a jar added a little water shook it up and when setteled the water was crystal clear so I think it was washed enough. What else can I check or is it the oil I used in that batch.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun-Driver
Hey Fabman,

Just looked at your pic's above and have a question.
I made a batch the other day and instead of it being the golden color you show above it was more of a redish color almost burgundy in color. I'm afraid to use it untill I figure out why the color difference.
I put a sample in a jar added a little water shook it up and when setteled the water was crystal clear so I think it was washed enough. What else can I check or is it the oil I used in that batch.
You should be fine, before I started blending all my oils together I had bio in several colors. The oil I got from a mexican resturant was bright orange!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Senior User

Gun-Driver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks that makes me feel better. I went over everything and could not find where I did anything different. Today I plan on working on building my still to recoup the methenol.

Quick question Fabman. When you used the hot water tank to distill did you circulate it while it was heating to the evaporation point then stop or is it a continuous circulation, or no circulation at all???
Old 10-24-2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun-Driver
Thanks that makes me feel better. I went over everything and could not find where I did anything different. Today I plan on working on building my still to recoup the methenol.

Quick question Fabman. When you used the hot water tank to distill did you circulate it while it was heating to the evaporation point then stop or is it a continuous circulation, or no circulation at all???
I don't circulate at all, Its not necessary if the eliment is in the bottom. Just make sure you don't fill the tank to full, or you'll carry over some glycerol[don't ask me how I know,]!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Senior User

Tom D is starting off with a positive reputation.
Enjoying all the posts concerning BD. My problem is I live in the city and don't want to get involved with stills, etc. I came across a web site that features Alternative Diesel Additive that can be added to cooking oil from restaurants and it's ready to go. The company name is Diesel Secret Energy LLC. Anyone tried it and what do you know about it. I nervous about dumping stuff in my tank and causing meg-bucks worth of damage to my engine.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels