The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

What did I do wrong??

Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM
skilife17
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soundwave
Sounds like it is HER that isn't ready for a relationship.
I agree with you that she is the one that isn't ready. I am really not ready either but I can manage to adjust. I have never had a serious gf in my life.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:25 PM
broncosoldier
Junior User
hey man, dont rush things. if they are gonna happen they will. dont worry bout what questions to ask, just talk and hangout. i wouldnt put too much stock on the whole meeting chicks online deal. nothing beats face to face, one on one conversation. relationships dont happen overnight. being friends first is the best way to start. believe me i know. plenty of failed attempts for me. but dont worry youll find someone when you and her a both ready. good luck in the hunt man.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
skilife17
Elder User
Originally Posted by broncosoldier
hey man, dont rush things. if they are gonna happen they will. dont worry bout what questions to ask, just talk and hangout. i wouldnt put too much stock on the whole meeting chicks online deal. nothing beats face to face, one on one conversation. relationships dont happen overnight. being friends first is the best way to start. believe me i know. plenty of failed attempts for me. but dont worry youll find someone when you and her a both ready. good luck in the hunt man.
I have always told myself that whatever happens, happens. I hate meeting people online it's just down right creepy. I guess this girl wanted to have the relationship happen overnight. The first time I hung out with her I ended up spending the night and making out with her. In my mind that is moving way too fast.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:48 PM
5.0Torx
Elder User
get outta there before you get too attached

Old 08-02-2007, 05:45 PM
ben97
Senior User
although it doesn't sound like this worked out to great for ya, at least you're havin better luck than me
I thought drivin fords meant we didn't have to chase girls????

Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
Yeah, when it finally happens, you will know. You wont even have to ask. If she doesnt seem to like you as much as you like her, then forget about it. You can still go out and everything, and have your fun, but if your looking for "the one", then it will hit you.

I had a G/f that would always play head games, like the whole, were moving too fast, are we ready for a relationship, blah blah blah type stuff. We were off an on for a while, then one day, after I was out shooting, I went to the grocery store, all sweaty and stinky to buy deodorant, and this giddy girl and her cousin were doing the cyote whistle at me, and I was kind of embarassed, and they kind of followed me at a distance, and they wound up checking out right behind me, then I walked out the door, hopped in my car, and started to drive away. In the rearview mirror i looked back and saw the girl wave at me. So at the parking lot entrance I turned around and they were coming my way with their car.

We rolled down windows and talked, and they agreed to come up to my place so I could park my truck, and then go for a walk. We walked around a bit, and fell in love.

There were no questions in our mind, it was not of lust either. It was just something about looking into her eyes, like I could read her mind and know exactly what she was/is thinking. She would stare back into my eyes and I know she was thinking the exact same thing. Needless to say we have been together for over 2 years now (yeah i know, its really nothing compared to how long people are usually together), but everything is going good. We have been living together for the last year happily too. I'm not saying we dont have our fights, every relationship will, But I think this one will last a lifetime.

Moral of the story, if your looking for "the one" you will usually find him/her where you least expect it. There will also be no question about it. After your into the relationship for a while you may ask yourself "WHY?" but if its a lasting one you will quickly remember that your life means nothing without your BF/GF

Old 08-22-2007, 04:35 PM
mgraveman
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm in sales. The same rules apply in sales as they do in dating. Here are the rules:

1) SHUT UP! People love to talk. Everybody does. The best thing you can do is shut up and listen. The other person sees the conversation as more enjoyable and you look smarter.

2) Get to know her family and friends. SHUT UP even more when you are talking to them. Their opinion of a person will be likely even more important than whan she thinks until about college age.

3) Don't worry abotu being serious if you're young. I learned more from the girls I didn't like than the ones I did about what I really wanted. Just take things as they come. You can even date casually (more than one girl)

4) just be yoruself.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:41 AM
skilife17
Elder User
I really screwed up this time. I had a date last Monday for lunch. She decided that we should meet at the bandshell in Hudson. I agreed to it, she came to my truck since i was sitting in it listening to the radio. We went for a walk before eating. On our walk we talked about band stuff (I'm into concert band stuff.) Then I brought up my past crushes and a girl I made out with. I met this girl through a friend of mine.

I was talking with my friend on AIM last night who introduced to me to this girl . The two of them went to lunch yesterday and she told my friend about what I told her about my past crushes and the make out thing. She told me that she doesn't know what to think about my past crushes and the make out thing. After thinking about it I feel stupid for saying that as I feel that I pushed her farther away. I also was told this "She's almost thinking that she's another girl that you would want to make out with." In my mind that is not who I am. I'm not looking to make out with her. I replyed saying that the girl who I made out with was not my idea, I had the mind set that I was going over as a friend to watch movies and catch up on things.

I can't see myself using a girl just to make out with her. I plan on calling her soon to tell her that I'm sorry and that I don't just want to make out with her.

Sorry for the long post, but I have been feeling like crap ever since reading that IM.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:55 AM
mgraveman
Elder User
Originally Posted by skilife17
I also was told this "She's almost thinking that she's another girl that you would want to make out with."
Are you saying this isn't the case? Tell her the truth.

Maybe you feel that that kind of affection should be reserved for people that really care about each other. Maybe you feel that should be reserved for married people. Maybe you feel that you'll do whatever she'll let you.

One small piece of advice though - I think what got you was the term "make out." Stay away from that phrase. Say something like "that level of affection" or "passionate kissing." It's kind of a crude term and that turns them off.

flowers help too.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:57 PM
skilife17
Elder User
I'm really debating in my head to call her and tell her the truth. I just hope that she understands. I would like to get to that level of passionete kissing, but not right now. I want that to come a lot later on in the relationship after we have gotten to know each other more.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:14 PM
mgraveman
Elder User
Originally Posted by skilife17
I'm really debating in my head to call her and tell her the truth. I just hope that she understands. I would like to get to that level of passionete kissing, but not right now. I want that to come a lot later on in the relationship after we have gotten to know each other more.
Have fun with that!

Seriously, good luck with that. Take this as a lesson not to talk about ex girlfriends until MUCH MUCH later in the relationship, if at all.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:22 PM
skilife17
Elder User
I'll take that as a lesson not to bring the ex's into conversation. I now realize that it's done more harm than good to me.

I will make sure to remember not to bring the past with me.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 PM
91 F-150 Farm Truck
Senior User
No ****. I've had about 10 relationships all of them trainwrecks. The first ones were because I ****ed up. Then I changed it to going their speed. After that is was their fault, just being crazy. The one that lasted the longest was great, but I moved and it becasme long distance. Next time I visited my home town, she was ****ing some other guy at a party I showed up late too. I kicked his ***, and gave him some of my beer and didn't talk to her for a year now. With relation ships, be ready to take some ****, go her pace, never have sex, be spontanous, and it will turn out alright. If you hit a rough patch just try to put on her shoes (not literally) and maybe somethign close to the solution will pop in your head.