Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Missouri Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:tcbofade

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Senior User

Rocketattack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Confuscious say SD or not?

Is it possible to get a CarFax for my truck? I have tried to enter the VIN but it says I entered a wrong VIN? I did notice that it states it is for cars and light trucks. Well my truck doesn't say it's a SD but it is a '94 F350 Crew Cab Duallie, it doesn't have the straight axle with leaf springs. It has the coil spring front suspension. How can I tell the difference from a non-SD and a SD with my model of truck? The dealer were I bought it said they had a CarFax for this truck but couldn't find it. I didn't ask to see it because I really didn't believe them. Now something has come up and I need to find a way to get ahold of the conversion manufacturer. I thought this would be the way by finding out who owned the vehicle.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Posting Guru

Century Coronado is starting off with a positive reputation.
Your truck is a non-SuperDuty.....Until '99, all trucks were F series except the model above the F 350, it was a SuperDuty and carried no F series designation. In '99 the F250 and up to F550 became the SuperDuty. The exception to this was in '97 and '98, Ford built a F250 light duty (basicly a heavy half ton) and a F250 Heavy Duty, two totally different cabs and chassis.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Senior User

Rocketattack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Century for clearing that up. I guess that is why CarFax can't use my VIN? I have one big bad AZZ truck.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 PM