1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How do I post my pix ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 06:48 PM
DS02F250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I post my pix ???

Finally got my '59 out of paint & body. I have pix of it (sans the tailgate and upholstery) on floppy disk and on "My Pictures" folder in my computers C:drive. When I start a post, then go to move the pix onto the page I'm trying to post on FTE, all I get is a blow up of the pic across the monitor!

How do I post pix onto FTE???

Thanks,
Daryl

Old 12-25-2002, 07:50 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
How do I post my pix ???

Daryl

You need to start your gallery. Go to user gallery and log in. You can also post photos directly into a post. The PICs are actually uploaded into your gallery first though. Let us know if you need further assistance.

'fenders

Old 12-26-2002, 07:06 AM
Kai
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do I post my pix ???

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 26-Dec-02 AT 08:08 AM (EST)]Daryl,

... 'fenders is right (as most of the times, but not always !!! LOL).

However, I'd like to add another suggestion. If possible deacrease the size of the pics to something like 256x192 for landscape and 192x256 for portrait. I use a super simple program for that which came free-of-charge with my computer (Microsoft PictureIt! Express 2000). I just load the pic, go to the "Safe" function, change to JPEG format and change the size in the "Option" function.

Now go to the "User Gallery" in FTE, go to "Create/Manage your own Gallery" (or whatever it reads, can't see it while I type this here). Upload the pics. Then in case you want a pic right in your post to explain something or so you need to copy the exact location of that pic and paste it into your posting. This would typically read like this:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/...... (do not click on this here as it is just an example !!!)

The other option is to do the very same using pics from your very own homepage. That's what I did with the new Avatar that I am using. The Avatar is the little picture above my name on the left of my postings (the little doc which changes shape after drinking the magic stuff).

Please let me know if you need more detailed help. I finally figured all this out and can help. I could also downsize your pics if you want to e-mail them to me.

Merry X-Mas !!!:-X12

Old 12-26-2002, 10:59 AM
truckzilla
Senior User
How do I post my pix ???

This all sounds so easy but every time I try to upload additi8onal pictures, nothing happens. Or maybe you just don't want to see my 60 Panel

Old 12-26-2002, 01:24 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
How do I post my pix ???

It isn't tough if your photos are not too large and the FTE site is working. Usually FTE is VERY reliable but it appears to have been a tough December. I usually post PICs at least 400 pixels wide. It sounds like that may be unnecessarily large after reading Kai's post. His PICs look fine to me.

Or maybe FTE has installed a new ugly filter and your PICs can't get through. Nevermind Truckzilla, that can't be it, Kai's not having a problem.

'fenders

PS Now don't be flaming me 60 panel owners. I love panel trucks.

Old 12-26-2002, 03:18 PM
ahawes
Senior User
How do I post my pix ???