Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Time to move on

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:57 PM
hatemakings/n
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Time to move on

Well it's finally come. It's time I sold my trucks. I put it off for so long in hopes that I could avoid it altogether. I get out of the Marines in a couple weeks and I start school in Phoenix a couple weeks later. I need the money for school and stuff since my GI bill won't kick in until late january. It feels like taking the family dog to the vet to be put down. I really hate to do it but I know it's the right thing to do. Still it doesn't make it feel any better. I hope I find the money I need before I sell them. Then I could just pull the ads and keep 'em. Anyone else been through this or do you just love 'em and leave 'em? I know I'm not the only person that feels this way about their truck (or car).

Old 10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
goodie350
Senior User
I thought I would have to sell my truck a few time and just couldn't ever do it. Had a sports car that I had to let go of that I enjoyed but kids just wouldn't fit in the back and needed something with 4 doors. The wife let me get a cheap street bike to drive to work. If it wasn't for that I might would have to sell the truck still because it would be getting to expensive to just use as a commuter vehicle since it is a diesel. I think all the time why do I even need a truck especially a f350, but the couple of times I need something heavy duty I always have it and glad I keep it around. Hope you find a way to keep a good truck but if you do have to let it go I'm sure you'll find something down the road just as good.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:15 PM
hatemakings/n
Elder User
I still have a 4 cyl. 4 dr economy car for the family/ daily driver. I also have a 67 galaxie which the better half won't let me get rid of, a street bike and an old aircooled bug. I had to put all but the first two up fo sale so if I get lucky and sell the bike and bug I won't have to sell the trucks. I hope. I really hate this feeling. I'm losing sleep at nights thinking about all the fun I had in the truck and the blood and work that went into it. I'm sure I'll get a replacement one day but I'll always look back at this one. It was my first 4x4.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:11 AM
hatemakings/n
Elder User
Well it looks like I may not be getting rid of my trucks after all. No one wants to buy them. Oh darn! I managed to come up with most of the money I needed. As long as nothing goes wrong I should be able to swing it. This is the first time in a very long time I've lived one disater away from bankruptcy. Wow talk about sleepless nights. I think I'll still keep them listed just in case something bad does happen.