2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Start?

Old 10-11-2006, 09:20 PM
reese2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start?

I am looking to get a remote start for my birthday, I have a 2005 Supercrew. Does the remote start void the warranty? What kind of remote start should I get?

Old 10-11-2006, 11:29 PM
automaticj5
Senior User
Exclamation

It shouldnt void the warranty as long as its done professionally-- and what kind? Depends on what you want -- just remote start, or do you want keyless entry and alarm as well?

btw -- welcome to the forum!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 AM
wsmc90
New User
I just had an Clarion Ungo 6000 Put in mine. It has lots of features including two way paging and remote start.. Installed at Frys Electronics for $500.00. So far it I love it..

Old 10-12-2006, 09:50 AM
reese2
New User
i am just looking fot the remote start with the keyless entry, i do not need an alarm. i talked to two different places today and one of them had the crimestopper remote starts and one of them had the autopage remote starts. Any suggestions?

Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 AM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
How capable are you of installing stuff yourself?

If very capable, I have a remote start New In Sealed Package. It was given to me for my 71 Bronco but, never got to installing it. Still sitting in my garage doing nothing. Say, $20.00 SHIPPED?

Only reason I don't need it. I'm going with a full alarm/remote start on both my Jag and my F150.

I'll be out of town tomorrow early AM until the Tuesday the 24th. PM me your info if you are interested. We can work out the details once I get back.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I asked the guy at the dealership and he said it would not void the warranty as long as they dealership that your bought it from installed it, BTW sort of a horror story with remote starters, i had a friend that bought a new VW and she had a remote starter installed in her vehicle and used twice and it ended up catchin the vehicle on fire and she walked outside and her vehicle was well on fire But the worst part was the remote starter voided her warranty so now she has a sweet VW frame but i dont think that she got a good one obvisoulsy, my point of telling you this make sure you get on that is well know brand.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:19 PM
is300wrx
Posting Guru
how does a car catching on fire correlate to remote starter

Old 10-12-2006, 04:50 PM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
aren't VW's known for their electrical problems too? So I highly doubt the remote start was the sole cause. Also, the brand/type of the system is not that important, but the quality of the installation is!

The Ford/Code Alarm systems are pretty good, mine's been just fine for over 2 years now. And I had the Ford one on my past truck and it worked great too.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:28 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you serious did you not read what i wrote jesus!... she got a very crappy brand obviously AND it was PROFESSIONALY installed BUT her vehicle caught on fire and the car was BRAND new i highly doubt it was a problem from the factory...and doesnt it seem a little weird that the second time she used it the vehicle caught on fire to me that doesnt seem like a problem from the factory

Last edited by fordtruckman; 10-12-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Murk
Junior User
I bought my '04 used and theres no way I'd take it back to those morons, lol.

So if I buy one online and have circuit city or whoever install it, would it void my entire warranty or just the electrical porrtion?

P.S. Anyone know anyone using the latest Viper remote start/alarm kit? Looks sweet on paper.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:44 PM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by fordtruckman
are you serious did you not read what i wrote jesus!... she got a very crappy brand obviously AND it was PROFESSIONALY installed BUT her vehicle caught on fire and the car was BRAND new i highly doubt it was a problem from the factory...and doesnt it seem a little weird that the second time she used it the vehicle caught on fire to me that doesnt seem like a problem from the factory
dude, take a chill pill! You didn't say in the first post that it was a crappy brand, you just said get a well known brand.

I still say the brand doesn't matter, it's all about the installation! That so-called Professional installer could have had bare wires exposed or something which could easily spark and cause a fire.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
K.O-T.O
Senior User
Seriouslly, chill out. I've installed six myself and never heard of any remote starter causing a fire. There must have been a gas leak and a combination of fauly wireing/ meltdown. Anyway I hope she had full coverage.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:38 AM
SuperCrewSound
FTE Sponsor
I had the remote start installed last winter and the only thing I don't like is you can't leave the factory seat heaters on, so they will warm up with the truck. Anybody ever switch those out, so you could leave them toggled on.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:41 AM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by SuperCrewSound
I had the remote start installed last winter and the only thing I don't like is you can't leave the factory seat heaters on, so they will warm up with the truck. Anybody ever switch those out, so you could leave them toggled on.
What kind of remote start do you have? If it has an auxilliary output (AUX), you should be able to hook the heated seats up to that.

For example, I have the Ford/Code Alarm remote starter and I hooked up my heated side mirrors to the AUX1 output. So, to activate them, I press the remote start button once to start my truck, then press the same button again one more time and it turns on the heated mirrors.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:44 AM
is300wrx
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fordtruckman

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote Start?