Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2006, 06:53 AM
"Mifflin Clay"

alchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to behold
F350 DRW/SRW wheel difference

Anyone know right offhand if the F350 DRW wheels differ from the SRWs?

If so, are the front axle or wheel offsets different on the two models?

Inquiring minds want to know.
'08 F350 Scab SRW V10 w/ 4:10
07 Gulfstream Prarie Schooner
'05 Escape
' Passed the exam today! I am now a licensed instigator!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 AM

rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.rvpuller has a very good reputation on FTE.
The front wheels are offset in the front just like the back.

Denny
Retired 2000 F350 Lariat SC DRW V10 4.30 Gears BrakeSmart
Air Lifts 4X2
http://www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html
Old 10-11-2006, 11:08 AM
"Mifflin Clay"

alchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to behold
So what you're telling me is the wheels on a SRW and a DRW are different. And then the front axle is different? Or is the front wheel to wheel width on the DRW narrower than the SRW?
'05 Escape
Old 10-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Worshiped Member

EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.
The wheels on a DRW are completely different than a SRW. The hub mounting surface on a DRW wheel sticks out beyond the wheel.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
As far as the axles go, I believe the SRW and DRW axles are the same. However, a DRW has a spacer bolted to each side that makes it wider. So a DRW front axle w/spacer is considerably wider than a SRW. This enables us to run the same wheels both back and front.
Interior:Exquisitely Stock. Like the day I bought It.
Engine: Same as Interior
"A Horn is NOT a doorbell!"
Old 10-11-2006, 12:30 PM
"Mifflin Clay"

Finally, the truth dawns - the spacer is the answer I was seeking - thank you.

I was unaware there was a spacer on the DRW front axle. So, I could put the spacer and the dually wheel on the front of a SWR.

Like the pics, too........
'05 Escape
Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Worshiped Member

EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.
I've never known anyone that did that, but in all honesty, I don't see why you couldn't. Last time I had the front wheel off it looked as though I could've just un-bolted that spacer and put on a normal SRW wheel. So I don't see why it wouldn't work in reverse.
Interior:Exquisitely Stock. Like the day I bought It.
Engine: Same as Interior
"A Horn is NOT a doorbell!"
Old 10-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Postmaster

ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.
I've seen pictures of the reverse, on a Dodge, where a dually had SRW truck wheels on the front. Looked a little funky to me. I'm partial to the wheels sticking way out on the fronts.
My Truck Pics
Old 10-11-2006, 05:06 PM
"Mifflin Clay"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaneverk2
I've seen pictures of the reverse, on a Dodge, where a dually had SRW truck wheels on the front. Looked a little funky to me. I'm partial to the wheels sticking way out on the fronts.
Yep, was considering the DRW rims on my F250. I really like the way they look.
'05 Escape
Old 10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Posting Guru

BareBones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think the primary reason the DRW's have the same wheels all around is so that you don't have to carry two different types of spares!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:27 PM
"Mifflin Clay"

Yeah, thats' right. I just like the look of the offset wheel on the front. So if I should change the front wheels by adding the spacer, I should still only need one spare -the original. Should I have a flat on the front, remove the spacer and use the original spare. No?
'05 Escape
Old 10-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Postmaster

ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Are you wanting to put the dually wheel on the fronts and not on the rears? I think it's gonna look weird. On a dually, they stick out in the front, but it sort of compliments how they stick out in the rear, also...

You'll have to post some pics if you do it.
My Truck Pics
Old 10-11-2006, 09:24 PM