Ford Dealer Fun

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 08:57 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Dealer Fun

Hey guys,

Here is post I put over in the new trucks forum... Honest, I am not making this up!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...ml#post4053640

I won't mention the dealer name, but they are "Driven to be the best" ...

Old 10-20-2006, 10:47 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks.... Sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
I had to run over to Council Bluffs on my lunch hour today, so I stopped in at McMullen Ford. They've got one 06 Ranger 4x4 SC on the lot. It's got a lot more options on it than the one I was looking at in Omaha. We just talked briefly, and they said right off the bat that they could do a lot better on my trade, and there will be a discount on the 06. We'll see, I am going to take my car over on Saturday morning and see what they really think they can do. I have visions of wasting a Saturday....

Oh, no surprise, the idiots over here in Omaha still can't find my missing key. The guy who supposedly knows was off today.... yeah right.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:24 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Yes, that does suck! It's amazing what some of these dealers will do. I had a pretty good experience with Woodhouse, but I know that's not the case with some people (I think they were jerking Chris around). Anyway Rob, good luck with that, you'll have to let us know how it works out saturday.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:09 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Can't believe it, the deal in Council Bluffs actually worked out. Only took 2 hours and I was out the door with my new 06 Ranger Supercab 4x4 FX4. I am really happy with how it turned out. Since I work for UPRR, I qualify for the X-Plan deal. The only little bit of haggling we did was over my trade, and that wasn't bad.

I can't believe all the crap I went through at Performance. They still are giving me the run around on the lost key... The said if they can't find it they'll have a new one made.

I am relieved to be done with this episode. Now you guys can tease me about buying a Screamin' Yellow (that's what Ford calls it) Ranger!

Old 10-21-2006, 06:19 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Congrats Rob!! You'll have to throw up some pics of it when you get a chance. Be sure to drive your new truck to performance, with the other dealers tags on it, when they "find" your key!!

Old 10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Got the pictures loaded, better put on your shades!

You bet I'm going to drive it back to the other dealer! They've lost my service business too, I used to take the F150 there all the time when I first moved to Omaha.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Glad to hear you got what you wanted. I dealt with Performance Chrysler twice. First time was a breeze, second time I got 4 squared and him hawed around and we were walking out the door when they caved, so we bought it there, but that soured me.
I guess I'll throw it out there. We went to Performance because my wife wanted new, but if any of you guys near lincoln wanted used, my uncle is a broker, shops the auctions all the time. He's pretty good at finding what someone wants and saving you a buck at the same time. You could just send me a PM if thats something that would ever help you.
I wont list a name here, I'm not his ad agency or anything.

I think the part I liked best about the van we got was we shopped Lincoln and Omaha both and finding identical was easy. The Lincoln guy called us a few days after he gave me his "best offer" on the phone and I told him we got it elsewhere. He was all crocodile tears and what not, "thought we had a pretty good price . . ." and I got to say "yeah pretty good except the four grand I saved by driving 50 miles."

Old 10-21-2006, 09:36 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Nice looking truck Rob! And hey, just think how easy it'll be to find it in a crowded parking lot !! Can't wait to hear what Performance has to say when you pull up in that!

Old 10-22-2006, 12:44 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man Rob that looks great. That Ranger is sharp. The yellow with the black fenderwells really sets the truck off. I am glad you got what you wanted. My philosophy is if they dont have what I want or cant get it go elsewhere. Like Pat said youll never loose your vehicle.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:54 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
I'll third what Pat said. One of a kind. That's how mine is.....even though there's three white F-150's at school this year, no one ever confuses mine with the other two!!!! Nice looking Ranger Rob!!!!!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:13 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Thanks guys! I'm really liking this truck... hope the new truck feeling lasts a loooooong time! (Besides, if I trade vehicles again too soon, my wife will kill me!)

Old 10-23-2006, 05:41 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Performance finally found my spare key today. The salesman was very apologetic and seemed genuinely happy that I found a good deal on a truck. The sales manager said I was not telling the whole story and made up the deal. He doesn't think a small dealer could beat them. Whatever. I guess if your job is to deceive and rip honest people off, why would you believe someone that says they got a better deal elsewhere. I could have shown him my bill-of-sale, but it wasn't worth my time or effort.

Happy to say I'm done and I won't darken their doorway again.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:39 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear that you got a good deal. I like the new ride. Good luck with it.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
What a creep! I hope you told that sales manager that you go to this site, and that you'll let all of us know how great of a dealership that their not!! I think I would have told him to stick it!