Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2006, 08:42 PM
New User

fishnatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
2006 f150 harley 4x4

did 2006 f150 harley Awd[4x4] have side air bags available as an option? Mine doesn't have them. dealers say no, but ive seen some listed w/side bags? Great truck though, rides much better than lariat 150[Traded one in ].seats are great for both[6 way pw]
Old 10-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Senior User

veronese1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My wife's does not have side bags. I do not recall this as an option either.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:46 PM
New User

2006 f150 harley

hi, how many miles do you have on it and what kind of gas mileage are you getting. i have 785 miles and im getting 13.7,far cry from the window sticker 14 to 18.local dealer does'nt seem to know if thats normal, they said they could check the fuel metering.may do that if my mileage is different than yours. thanks Bill p.s. thats highway not towing
Old 10-07-2006, 01:57 AM
Senior User

Hey Bill,

A bit off topic. Nevertheless, stock with no modifications my wife's truck was getting 11-12mpg. This was everyday driving of 60% City & 40% Highway, with no heavy foot or towing.

With the SuperChips Flashpaq and AFE Cold Air Intake and the same mix of City vs Highway, the truck now gets 14-15mpg, with a slighty heavier foot. The only reason for the heavier foot, the truck is actually a pleasure to drive now.

As for towing, that was a joke right???

I love my wife's truck. However, I wouldn't be caught dead with a trailer hooked to it. It may be fun to drive now, lowered and with a few goodies. But towing, Ugh! That would be painful. The 5.4L does not bring enough to the table for that, IMO, at all!

Thats what the Powerstroke is for....
Old 10-07-2006, 10:20 AM
New User

thanks for reply, how much did you lower it, my wife is'nt keen on it's height,w/no running boards.hopefully it will pull a single axle trailer w/ a couple hd's in it.does afe make a filter for 5.4 or did you use diesel one?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Senior User

AFE Stage II Kit. Worked well, I also recommend a programmer. No, I insist....

The combination works well.

Like I posted, the truck is actually fun to drive now. And a few miles to the gallon in fuel economy helped the cause.

As for lowering...

I used the Ground Force Lowering Shackles, rear only. I used the lowest mounting hole and removed the factory 1" block. For a total reduction of 4" in the rear. Truck looks awesome, I have inserted a picture.

If you are going to be towing a single axle with a couple of bikes, I suggest the same shackles, however leave the lift blocks in place. Try the lowest mounting hole 1st. If the truck sags a whisker when towing, bump up to the mid hole which will net you a 2" reduction in rear height.

What do you have for bikes?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Senior User

Why didn't my picture post???

Grrrr.....
Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Senior User

Lets try this way...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Senior User

And I get a Red "X"

MoOderators....Administrators....Help!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:54 PM
New User

hi,hopefully your pic. will come through. i have a 58 pan ,99 m2 buell,my wife has a 89 sportster. these hd trucks are alot of work to keep clean. my 01 f150 supercab[red]didnt need all the detailing to look good. i guess i'll get used to it.later,Bill
Old 10-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Senior User

They are a lot of work to keep clean.

I have the wife's Black HD F-150 and my True Blue HD F-250 CC.

Too much truck to keep clean. Its under the car cover right now. Once its clean, keep it that way.

Im about to go get all the love bugs off my 103" Screamin Eagle ElectraGlide.

Take care.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Senior User

Dexsure is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey there fellas,

I tow an 26 foot 5th wheel with my 06 HD awd and it tows like a charm and looks good too. The 5.4 has plenty of power and the fuel economy isn't all that bad. I do have an edge installed to give it a little something something, I think if a feel rich some day I will install a whipple SC under the hood.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Senior User

Euww...F150 & 5th Wheel in same sentence.

Ugh!

Even with a Whipple...The F150 doesn't have the chassis for it.

I wouldn't hook a tag along to my wife's 2006 Harley F150, let alone a 5er.

Thats what my truck is for. I have the Harley F250 with a Powerstroke.

I do see some form of "Boost" in my wife's truck at some point. I have the Flashpaq in that and it's enough for now. But she will come home one day and whine about getting beat by someone and then...its open season under the hood.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Senior User

Dexsure is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would have a F250 PS if they weren't about $10k more with the options I wanted. I was also worried about all the bad press with the 6.0l. The wife didn't like how it road like a tank and cornered like sled, she has a bad back and a little more sensitive to those G-forces. I didn't have the trailer until after I bought the F150, but trust me the trailer is well with in the trucks capacity. You loose a bit with the aluminum mags but this is minor. I put the edge module in mine and it works nice, what power do you get out of the flashpaq?

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=118192&.jpg
Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150