Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Does anyone use the Diesel secret stuff?

Just wondering if any one uses this product. If so do you still need to get a kit from them to build a processing station, or do you use the same as other Biodiesel kits? They are very secretive, and won't give much info on the process, and what is needed to get started. I would assume that no matter what method you use, if you use waste vegetable oil, you need to filter out the suspended crud first.

thanks
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.

Last edited by Rushmore X; 10-05-2006 at 05:37 AM. Reason: can't spell either
Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
never mind, brain is not working efficiently this hour of the morning. I forgot one of the very helpfull things on this site is the search engine. Did a search and found more than enought to convince me that there is a reason that they're so secretive, and i'll go the way that has been more proven. still would like to know what everyone does to get the crud out of their WVO before the process is started.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!

Last edited by Rushmore X; 10-05-2006 at 05:36 AM. Reason: can't spell either
Old 10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
I would start a new thread and ask your question to get better coverage. About the crud.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Post Fiend

pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.
patfogle DaPocky
If you really want to get the "crud" out of it, you need to do the following. Buy a commercial deep fryer with a built in filtering kit, then use the magnesol filter pads. These can be ordered through a few different companies.. I think GFS (Gordon Food Service) has them too. You heat the oil to 200f and then filter it for no less than 15 minutes. This will remove any impurities and any crud.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:40 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfogle
If you really want to get the "crud" out of it, you need to do the following. Buy a commercial deep fryer with a built in filtering kit, then use the magnesol filter pads. These can be ordered through a few different companies.. I think GFS (Gordon Food Service) has them too. You heat the oil to 200f and then filter it for no less than 15 minutes. This will remove any impurities and any crud.

Why? If you look in my gallery, you'll see what I built for less than 20 bucks and works just great. I used that system of cleaning for over 5,000 gallons! There are people that use a 5 gallon bucket with screens on this forum..................

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 10-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Postmaster

thanks, will look at figuring something out. pretty sure will get into this, my 7.3 seems to like the stuff, and the removal of lubricants from diesel fuel has me a little concerned. I've spent enough money on the beast, may as well keep it around as long as I possibly can. Also have a VW to feed too.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Senior User

jeep1947 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Right now I am using this while I build my bio diesel processor. Use the cleanest oil u can get. I let mine set for at least a week then pump off the best. First filter is through cheese cloth then a 10 micron water filten,then 5 micron carbon filter. Then I use a goldenrod particulate filter then finally a goldenrod waterblock filter. So far I have not had any problems stock 97 f250 edge EZ module on the 20HP setting. Jeep 1947
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Posting Guru

AndysFords is starting off with a positive reputation.
While we're on the topic I've been researching this DIESEL SECRET and found out the following: If you mix this according to their specifications, it will not thin the vegetable oil down enough to make much difference, and their secret additive is Xythol Paint stripper with mothballs in it. They got shut down in Europe for selling this stuff. However, if you have an old IDI diesel, SVO runs pretty good in it, I know someone who has been running it in a chevy 6.2 and has 17,000 miles, with no modification, not even a heater system.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels