Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Alaska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: bearman113

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2006, 02:28 PM
New User

H0tr0dB0b is starting off with a positive reputation.
1999 Eddie Bauer Expedition with seat warmers

Hello,

I'm trying to find out any information on seat warmers for a 1999 Expedition. I have a functioning passenger's side warmer and a broken driver's side. My wife has been begging me to fix it or get it fixed before winter comes. If anyone knows of a schematic on how these options work please let me know. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view this post. I'm going to keep researching until I find an answer.

Bob

Last edited by H0tr0dB0b; 09-27-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Senior User

AK4Wheeler is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hate to say it, but good luck finding anything on it. I have a 98 Eddie Bauer Expedition and I spent just a bit of time searching. I've gone from the Ford dealer asking questions to the actual upholstery company that Cal Worthington uses and he said that the dealer is the only place to get them. He said you cant even repair them since the coated elements are sandwiched between thin padding. He said he's never seen or heard of anyone successfully repairing one. They are $400 a piece if I remember right from the Ford dealer and that includes the install. He did say there was one aftermarket company that sold heat pads but it was soo thick/large that it puckered up the leather seats and looked terrrible.
The upholstery owner did say that they are so fragile that many owners break them when putting their knee(s) on the driver/pass seat to lean back, to get something out of the backseat or deal with kids, etc... Thus putting all their weight onto a small area and stretching the element(s) until they break.

Im sorry to give you the bad news, but you'll prob only make her happy by finding one from a junk yard (If they allow you to tear/cut the heat pad from the seat) or loosen up your wallet and spend the $400.

I havent loosened up my wallet yet, instead I found her a sheep skin cover. Its not direct heat on the tush, but hey its not cold (-10 below) leather on her tush either...
Maybe she'll forget about the heat and I wont have to spend the $400..

Last edited by AK4Wheeler; 12-03-2006 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:23 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Alaska Chapter

Tags
1999, 2002, bauer, buy, eddie, el, epidition, expedition, ford, heat, navigator, pads, seat, warmer, warmers