1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1 piece door windows F-1

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:47 PM
al37ford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 piece door windows F-1

I bought a kit from Sac.Ford that eliminates the no draft/vent windows & makes the door windows 1 piece. Well thought out, equipped & instructed but as usual, nothing is "slam dunk". Putting the felt channels in we found that the existing mounting tabs would not allow a nice even fit all around . It was way off looking from the outside. I'm not talking about the bases for the old vents which we cut right out but rather the rest. This truck was already painted so cutting & splicing was not fun! Just fair warning to those who may try.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel your pain. I have a kit from Vintage glass and have yet to figure out how it goes together. The instructions were lousy and no pictures or diagrams. I'll probably have to hire the installation out.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:21 PM
halfdone
Senior User
I am going to have to tackle this job when she returns from the chop top shop.

I just ordered some fast glass kits from epay (it's a snap)

I am still debating if I will cut down the vent windows or go the one piece route.

Any chance of scanning the instructions so I can help you nut the problem out

Old 09-27-2006, 07:16 PM
54fever
Senior User
I will also be putting one piece windows in my 54, i did get to talk to a guy in my town who has already put his in and he said it was no picnic! i think he said he had to cut out some of his hinge pockets and trim the hinges also. i would be curious to see some work in progress pics if anyone has them.