Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Postmaster

William is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Moving West

I will retire and move to St. George, Utah sometime late this year or early next. My kids and grand kids all wound up in St George. Frau and I always liked the west and since the family moved there we decided that we should do the same. I will spend a lot of time restoring Ford pickups, selling a few restored parts and spending time with my family. I'd like to find out about salvage yards in the area. Which yards are good and which are not. I especially enjoy Pull-A-Part type places where I can get my own parts. A good machine shop would be nice. I plan and assemble my own engines but I do not do machine work. I do sheet metal and welding but not paint so a good paint shop will be helpful. Any info on car shows or museums in the southwest would be great.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
There are a couple of Pick n pull yards in Northern Nevada that I know of. One in Reno and one in Carson City. What year truck parts are you looking for? I will keep my eyes open next time I take a trip to the Old Truck Walmart.

Geeze, I wish I could retire...

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies
Old 09-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Post Fiend

WillyB has a great reputation on FTE.WillyB has a great reputation on FTE.WillyB has a great reputation on FTE.WillyB has a great reputation on FTE.
William, St. George is wild open canyon country with not a lot of people in it. I expect you can find any vintage of old ford around there - but parked in some field or up some canyon. My guess is that you will need to go to Las Vegas to find the sort of junk yard you are used to - but there should be ample small town type yards where they still let you wonder through their stuff.

Let us know when you get your shop set up - almost anyone heading east goes through St. George, so you can expect some drop in coffee business.

Welcome to the group.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Senior User

05XLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are two Pick-a-Parts in Las Vegas... In addition to a few other salvage yards that I have either been to or know of. If you have any questions about where they are, or if your just in town, let me know and I will be more than happy to help you out!

Jason L.
05XLT
Nevada Chapter Leader
Old 09-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Postmaster

William is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks for the welcome! I will move Frau, her 3 Cats and Volvo out to Sun River in a Penske departing ATL on the 7th. We will arrive around noon on the 11th in St. George and unload. I'll come back to ATL on the 18th and stay here until my house in Powder Springs sells and then retire. I sure am looking forward to this new life in the west after working 40 years. My Son-in-law has a warehouse/shop and a California Special Mustang he wants restored and I have a 66 F100 Short that I hauled out there in May when we bought the new house. This should be good! Looking forward to making new friends, attending some car shows and spending time with family.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:19 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter