1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

disable seatbelt warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:37 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disable seatbelt warning

I searched, but couldn't find a procedure for disabling the seatbelt noise maker on my new to me 01 E350. I just purchased this van a week ago, came without an owners manual. I use it around town, making about 35 stops per day, thus the reminder is a real pain in the seat.... I tried the procedure I have for my 03 F150, did not work.

Any help?

Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 AM
carrfamilynj
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the procedure in my '04 E350 manual, soon as I get a chance I'll post it. If you're trying to disable the sound that means you're not wearing your seatbelt!!!!!

Old 09-24-2006, 08:55 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by carrfamilynj
I have the procedure in my '04 E350 manual, soon as I get a chance I'll post it. If you're trying to disable the sound that means you're not wearing your seatbelt!!!!!
Thanks. You're right, I am not wearing my seat belt. With all the stops, and many of them within a block or so of each other, some just across a parking lot, I don't fear the crash. I also will admit, I am somewhat an anarchist, more so since the government has told me I have to "click it or ticket". I tell them "stick it, I no click it".

Old 09-24-2006, 11:31 AM
carrfamilynj
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the procedure, from my '04 manual.

Before following the procedure, make sure that:

*The parking brake is set.

*The shifter is in PArk

*The ignition switch is OFF

*All doors are closed

*The driver's seatbelt is unbuckled.

*The parklamps/headlamps are OFF.

The procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to RUN(Do not start the engine)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light goes off. Approx. 1 minute

3. This step MUST be completed within 50 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending with it unbuckled. After this is complete, the airbag warning light will turn on for 3 seconds.
4. Beltminder will automatically exit the procedure without disabling if step 4 does not occur within 10 seconds of the end of step 3. Within 10 seconds of the airbag light turning on, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
This will disable Beltminder for the driver's seat. As confirmation, the airbag warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.

Old 09-24-2006, 04:44 PM
rclarke
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The above procedure will work but you could also go to your dealership parts dept and ask for a seat belt extension and slip it into the drivers side buckle. The extension should be free, if the dealer is charging try another dealership. When I was working I used to give them to customers all the time then I found out they also shut off the warning light and buzzer.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:33 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I appreciate all the help. I took the easy way out and just unplugged the connector under the seat........ Seatbelt light stays on, but the buzzer is gone. I tried the procedure, didn't work. Not sure if I might have done something wrong, I was in a rush this morning.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:37 AM
rtisher
New User
Ill Try it

Old 10-27-2006, 06:05 PM
briansvan
New User
Smile seatbelt warning chime

Hi, I just had my ford e150 van worked on, they had to clean out the carbon buildup in the intake. runs fine now. Anyway, when I got it back the seatbelt warning chime would not shut off. I always wear my seatbelt so I know the chime shutoff was working before. I went back to the ford dealer and they said it had nothing to do with what they worked on, which is true, but something they moved or did while working is making the chime keeping chiming even when seatbelt is buckled. I have a CD that is supose to be the same on the dealerships use and it says on the CD not to mess with the wiring going to the seats for the chime buzzer as it is tied into the system for the airbag restraints. So after tired of listening to the chime thing for 2 days I tried buckling the passengers front seat and that took care of the chime problem, it shuts off now ok when both front seat seatbelts are buckled. I figure when they took the engine cover off inside my van they might of loosened something in the chime or buzzer relay console that is supose to be located behind the panel underneath the steering wheel. Until I get time to take that panel off and check for loose connection or something I will just leave the front passengers seat buckled. Also might try replacing the drivers seat female buckle end to see if that is part of my problem or something.