Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

replaced blown fuses but AC and Cruise still doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:45 AM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replaced blown fuses but AC and Cruise still doesnt work

Long story short: The PO had a sub behind the seat and when I bought it from him he took it out and left the wires. Yesterday while I was at work my dad went to the shop noticed the wires and said "hey these have to go together" So he wired the positive amp wire and ground together and blew about 6 fuses when he cranked the truck up. Nothing worked....no radio, no power windows, no dash lights. Those were the things I immediately noticed when I got home. Today driving to work I notice the AC is blowing but not cold air like it was and the cruise wont work. I have replaced all the blown fuses with the correct size replacements and have used a test light to check all the under dash fuses. The box under the hood is a little harder to check (for me atleast) because I dont know how to check the relays. I got my radio (aftermarket) windows and dash lights back on and all the other little things but cant make the ac and cruise work. Any suggestions or should I ask in the F150 forum?

Old 09-22-2006, 12:12 PM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 869 Likes on 721 Posts
For the 2001, Fuse F5 in the underdash fuse panel is common to both the cruise and the A/C system.

Additionally, the A/C system uses underhood fusebox fuses 105 & 13 plus underdash F24 & F23.

The cruise system also uses underdash fuses F 5 and F 15.

Steve

Old 09-22-2006, 06:00 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Update: I used a jumper wire from the ground side of the relay (203 I think) to a ground on the truck and the AC compressor kicks in. This is not a permanant fix I was just eliminating problems. I tried other relays and the problem isnt fixed. Im thinking the problem is between the underhood fuse box and the underdash fuse box. Ill check all my fuses again.
Thanks sho89

Old 09-24-2006, 03:23 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
OK now Im noticing a puff of white smoke on start up. This is a new motor and certainly shouldnt be smoking. The guy who installed the engine put a air compressor oil filter deal on the engine to the left of the blower but Im not sure why. Ive had this truck 10 days and have had an aweful lot of trouble. Im kinda regreting my purchase.