1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Neighbor Mad, Doesnt want me parking my truck in front of his house...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:35 PM
plance1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neighbor Mad, Doesnt want me parking my truck in front of his house...

Ive been parking in front of this guys house, lots of reasons why, mostly my convenience.

A couple months ago, I parked it in a different spot, down the street... He yells out, "Yeah, looks much better down there, beautiful truck". I ignored him...

About a week later, when Im not around, he hassles my girlfriend over it and says he needs the parking for his sick mother, will we move it?
(Since he has about 5 spots in front of his house, and since he was a jerk the first time around, the answer was "H_LL NO!")

Now he has called the police and they sent a letter to us saying move it in 7 days. Since we typically drive it every so often, not a problem. Also not a problem because the police have confirmed there is no set distance it has to be moved. Move it a couple feet if I want to they say. After telling them the story, they are on my side, not wanting to be used as pawns in some snobs personal vendetta.

Problem is, my engine blew up. Looking for replacement in the Cincy Area so I can keep using it and keep it on the road (and in its parking spot!)

Here is a picture of it at a different location, what's not to love?
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...1/IM002910.jpg

Last edited by Torque1st; 09-21-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:20 PM
79 Trailer Special
Elder User

Not everyone shares the love we have for these trucks. If your not going to have problems with the law I say the heck with your neighbor, it does not sound like your on the best of terms with him anyway. As long as he is not going to mess with your truck do as the law says and grin

Last edited by 79 Trailer Special; 09-21-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boy does that neighbor sure sound rude and cruel..

Old 09-21-2006, 10:07 PM
T18skyguy
Elder User
I'd be lie'n if I said Id be cool with it. Now and then is OK but not on a regular basis. My street is rather narrow and it's a pain to weave in and around parked cars especially if you got a motorhome or trailer in tow. I think most homeowners feel that way, at least in my neighborhood for sure. People are proud of their home and it really does start at the street. You know-curb appeal.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Jmudder79
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just tell him you are either going to park it in front of his house or in his house. The choice is his.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:50 AM
cowboyty
Senior User
That's why I love the farm! I only have to worry about the equipment and so mine is parked by the house, and grandpa's 96 caddy is parked behind the machine shed out of sight!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:53 AM
ford141
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, sorry to say, but that thing is ugly, especially if it was sitting in front of my house with a blown motor. I know your neighbor sounds like a jerk, and going to the cops first is one of the most childish things he could do, you still have to respect your neighbors. If your truck was sitting in front of my house, especially if the motor was blown up and it was sitting there for a long time, I might have some complaints too, but I probably would have come straight to you in a respectful way and tried to work something out. Don't get me wrong, I love these trucks, no matter what shape, but I also know that a lot of other people dont. In fact, I have a Bronco woods beater that looks WAYYY worse than that, but I keep it hidden behind my shed when not in use so the neighbors don't get mad. Just my .02.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:56 AM
cujo8
Posting Guru
When ever It's possible I like to maintain good neighbor relationships. These things can escalate and get out of hand and only tends to raise everyones blood pressure. If thats the only place you have to park your truck that's one thing, but if you have the choice to park some where else and everyone's happy that's even better.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:38 AM
plance1
Freshman User
The truck stays. He was complaining about even when I was driving the truck every day. I dont care if its ugly, he is just going to have to deal with it. The space between driveways on my street is not long enough for the truck and another car (unless its a yugo) so if I park it elsewhere, I would be taking up two spots instead of just one. Besides, moving it would cause some other snob to complain. The thing about the police is this, I am in compliance with the law, the thing I got in the mail wa apparently just a warning. They told me I can park it anywhere I please and that the guy is full of it. Its a public street, no body has any right to complain if its a public street, even if the truck was even uglier.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
Have a sign painted on the door that faces his house that says

Dirty Dicks Hotdog's

"Bite My Dirty Dick"

Then at least he can complain that it is a commercial vehicle

Old 09-22-2006, 11:36 AM
timothy47129
Senior User
Install some exhaust cut outs.When you reach your street open them up.That will make him real happy.But be sure to close them befor the cops show up.

Tim

Old 09-22-2006, 12:15 PM
BADCAR
New User
Mad Neighbor

I Dono? as an Ole GUY & seeing Society [People} some are NICE & Yes! a few "A" holes mixed in--I*M a retired Trucker & have delt w/ & know a lot of average People Married to a Nurse 40 yrs & I have to Mix? w/ Doctors-Lawyers & Indian Cheifs?< for a better Wording?? well no matter? Where You GO! Society has its Seperations the Wealth-the Working Class & the Have Nots--US! Low Life--ME I mix every day w/ all of the Above! I break Society down in the above Steps--as most even the Working Class is attempting to Keep UP w/ their Neighbors in Materail Things? Homes-Vehicles & TOYS! HOMES are specially Societies highest level--Vehicles run a close Second--& ovre the yrs I being a Vehicle NUT have Collected more than I should Have? Classic Vehicles--I live in a rual area & my Yard looks like a Salvage Yard? w/ cars & trucks parked every where! I have lived here for over 30 yrs once yrs AGO quite alone Now I have Neighbors all around ME Complaints!! YES! many! I have even been taken to Court & yrs Ago I operated a Re-pair garage Here! so I*M Legally Grand fatherd! as an Ole Business I have ONE Flatlander< what We locally Call people from Away that Move Here & want every thing Their Way! & Most Flatlanders are BIG Buck People! what I refer To as the HEY!Look at what I GOT CLUB! members! as they Show OFF their New HUMVEE My newest Vehicle is an 86 Marmon twin screw 750 Holmes Wrecker followed by a 71 Kenworth also a 750 Holmes Wrrecker & My daily driver is an 80 Buick Century that I insalled a Big block Highly Modifyed Chevy In & my TOY I*M an OLe GUY but I still enjoy Lighting UP the Rear Tires every once in a While? One of our Neighbors has late model Corvette & a while Ago! I was sitting at a stop light wating for It to Change & this Kid drove UP & was looking my 80 century Over! & Smiled & Reved Up His Vet several times? in what I figuerd was a Chalange?? to RACE? so when the stop light turned Geen! I gave my Ole 80 Buick all She Had! & He couldn*t Say He was Not Trying! as Smoke poured out of his Rear Wheel Wells! but YEH! I was GONE! Blew His Doors OFF BAD!! I waited at the Next Stop Light! but HE pulled in Back of ME?--NO More Chalange?? I turned & Smiled & showed HIM He was Number ONE! w/ my Finger Gesture! Now He passes By & don*t even Look towards my Yard! As Cars are like People! as YOU never Know? WHO? or What they ARE?? as some may Not Look all that Pretty! but they DO GO like HELL! & even as an Ole GUY! I Still like to **** OFF the so called ELITE! as most are "A" Holes! & have to be Put DOWN once in a While! I especially like to Knock the Ole Classic Car buffs that BUY trun Key Classics YOU know the Ones that chat about all the Work they Did On what ever?--as I interup & Say! YEH! writting out that CHECK must have been Really Hard! Especially waiting for the INK to DRY!--& usually receive a RED FACE! & YES! I*M considered an "A" Hole by the HEY! look at What I Got CLUB! as I*M the President of the Low Life CLUB! & Proud of IT! so PARK Your TRUCK in Front of MY House! & it will Blend In w/ All Mine very Nicely! & YOU can Leave it there Forever? & I*LL not Complain-- as I think its a pretty Sharp Truck! --Ole JIM--

Old 09-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
The law here is the/any vehicle can not sit in one spot for more than 72 hours wihout being moved otherwise it is deemed a derelict vehicle.

The idea is to keep vehicles that don't run...off the streets.

I feel for ya but,

That area in front of *anyones* house is public property so .. by law....anyone can park there for up to 72 hours at a time. He, nor you, owns the space in front of your house.

Any vehicle that won't turn must be on private property.

This is another good reason why people should try to be good neighbors to each other. so they can bypass the law and just live their lives accordingly.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:41 PM
RCrawler
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I own a house in a subdivision (2 car gar, 2 in the driveway and RV parking), and have 13 cars in various states of repair/ disrepair parked around my house. I have 3 cars parked on the street, all of which are running, licensed and not eyesores (except for maybe my beater DD Saturn with the odd color 1/4 panel).
I would never park in front of my neighbors house on a permanent basis. I feel bad when my car trailer is hooked up and I am over their property line for even a couple of days.
Yes the street is public access and anyone is legally within the law to park anywhere that is not posted otherwise. But there is an unwritten rule of keeping on your own section.
The guy probably went about it the wrong way by telling your girlfriend and not having the walnuts to talk directly to you about it.

If it is going to be down for a while, rent a storage unit. There are some places that even offer outside storage for stuff like boats and RV's that are cheaper than an enclosed space.

Even being the resident junk collector around my neighborhood, I would be a little PO'ed if that was parked out in front of my house on a regular basis. Especially if it doesn't run at all now. I would ask you politely a couple of times to move it or do something with it. If it wasn't taken care of, I would hook a chain to it and drag it in front of your house or down the street where you couldn't find it.

Jason

Old 09-22-2006, 04:25 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by plance1
Ive been parking in front of this guys house, lots of reasons why, mostly my convenience.
Well now it's mostly inconvenience. Why not park it in front of your house? Or did he leave his broke down stuff in front of your house so there's no room?

Quick Reply: Neighbor Mad, Doesnt want me parking my truck in front of his house...