1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

cold air intake noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Tyrel
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cold air intake noise

I have a KN Series 77 cold air intake on my 02 F-150 with a 4.6. My question is this. When I first put it on, it would occasionally make a loud drumming sound on deceleration that would stop when the motor reached idle or when speed was stabilized. Recently it has started making the drumming sound a lot more often, doing it at steady speeds anywhere from 10 to 70 mph, much louder on deceleration and it doesn't stop at idle. It will just continue making the drumming sound. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions over what it might could be making it do this? I talked to the people at KN and they said some noise was normal but there is no way this can be normal. It sounds like there is something seriously wrong with the truck when it starts making the noise. I've checked all the connections on the intake and they are all tight. I like the hp gains I got from the system but if I can't figure out whats making it make the noise so bad, I'm gonna have to take it off so please help.