Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2001, 07:14 PM
Junior User

oldford64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power Steering for my 1966 Ford F100 ?

Old 04-14-2001, 06:19 AM
New User

w4mjr is starting off with a positive reputation.

I was so glad to find this site. I have 66 F100 truck that I have been working on for about a year alittle at a time. Its original motor was a 352.When I bought the truck someone had put a 351C in it. The motor run but had no oil pressure at all so I started taking it apart to rebuild. You should see this motor now.And it runs great. Now here is my question and I hope someone can help. The truck has manual steering and I want to put power steering on it.I have no idea what this motor came out of and I was looking for someone that has done this or know how this can be done.
Thanks
Old 04-14-2001, 09:00 AM
Post Fiend

jowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to behold
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn jowilker

Mike ou will have to find a 351C in the salvage yard and grab the pump, mounting bracket, belt pullies, etc. Any power steering gear up to 79 will work.

My friend Rick Allen of Carolina Classics explained to me last sat. in Charlotte that you would have a problem with shortening the three on the tree column. I swapped to auto. at the same time so I wasn't aware of that problem. He says that a lot of the guys go to floor shifters to get around the problem. There is a work around if you reman the column shifter lugs out from the firewall to the original pattern.

You can contact Rick at Carolina Classics at 919-682-4211.

John
jowilker
[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker|Club FTE since 01 01] My FTE Page

[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker/NCFTE.html|NC Truck Owners] NC Ford Truck owners group

66F100s Rule
In the cool still quite of night you can hear chevies rusting away.

Old 04-15-2001, 08:00 AM
Elder User

66ranger is starting off with a positive reputation.

Installed PS on my 66, also went to automatic. A stock 3 speed, original non power steering column is too long for this swap. It will pin you to the front seat while driving, and the column to dash bracket will not line up. Power steering was not available on the 61-66 until (I think) October 1965, so there are probally few,if any stock 3spd & PS columns around. If you are running an automatic, PS/AT columns until 79 will work. I used a '72 with the 66 dash bracket and the original 66 wheel and it does just fine.The box will bolt right in and everything else just takes a little thought..
Old 04-15-2001, 12:04 PM
Posting Guru

truckfarmer is starting off with a positive reputation.

as far as brackets and a pump, the brackets from 351C, 351M, and 400's will fit. This was a popular engine choice during the late 70's and should be plentiful anywhere. Mine actually came from a 71 LTD.
Old 04-15-2001, 12:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks