N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Good Repair shops in the North State

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 PM
basfire
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford automatic tranny. The guru of Ford auto trannies is in Rancho Cordova, ATO Transmissions. Jim the owner is so well known that Ford engineers called him asking how he bomb proofed their E4OD. The rest of your truck will fall apart before one of ATO's trannies do.

Best independent diesel shop is in the Orangevale area of Sacramento. It is called Orangevale Diesel. The owner Dean is 100% honest and his work is impeccable. Give him a call and tell him Bruce the Fireman told you about him.

basfire

'91 F350 CC 7.3 IDI, 4X4, 5sp, 3.55, Banks Turbo

Old 04-12-2008, 04:56 AM
doubledee715
Elder User
If you have transmissin issues and are in the chico area don't go anywhere else but transamatic off of fair street and 20th(right next to estes trucking). I had a delay and they ran for codes and dropped the pan for free. The guy's name is Steve and they don't charge you unless they fix your transmission. great shop.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:32 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Rancho Cordova, California Rewire.

I had this really difficult to track down electrical problem several years ago in a c***y I used to own (that my son totaled). These guys found it, fixed it, and charged a reasonable price. They were fast and knew their business. Their website looks like they just sell stuff, but they do real work. It is a shop that specializes in automotive electrical issues.

I highly recommend them.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
ford4her
Senior User
Question Looking for a Good Repair shop in San Jose.

I have a 79 F150 4x4 that has a clogged cat. It's my daily driver, or was, until this happened last week. Anybody out there have a shop or mechanic that they can recommend ? I'm female, and have been burned before...So, any help finding a Good Repair shop I can trust, that wont rip me off, would be greatly appreciated !!!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
doubledee715
Elder User
I always go to A1 muffler in morgan hill off of monterey road across from central highschool. I would find a used cat for your application and take it to him and have him weld it in place.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
th1567
Senior User
Community Auto - Monterey Road - Morgan Hill - Ask for Tony The most consistently trustworthy shop I've found, they do all the repairs I either don't have time for or can't... helped me out in a pinch, on a Friday PM...leaving town alternator on our Taurus fried...R/R's it for less than the cost of a new one....this was about a month ago..have used them since 1998

Leo's Muffler - King's Row - San Jose - Ask for Mike and only Mike...have installed dual exhaust on 3 trucks now..good work, strong hangers, no rattles....inexpensive $280 for duals from the stock manifold to dumps in front of axle..new doughnuts too...real good deal.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 AM
jd_sylvia
Posting Guru

Ok it has been a while so I need to add some words of wisdom.

I found a great front end alignment shop here in Turlock. The name is Carls muffler and brake I am almost 80% of the name I will correct it if it is wrong. They even bend twin I beams.
Also I had the bench seat in my 65 reupholstered at a shop in Hughson called leons auto upholstery. www dot leonsautoupholstery dot com. He did an outstanding job.

I would highly recommend both of these shops.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
JMH
New User
For anyone with-in decent distance of Jackson/Sutter Creek Ca In amador county. There is a Muffler/exhaust shop and retailer in the sutter creek area called Creative Exhaust. The owner/mechanic does both repair and install of FlowMaster and Imco exhaust systems. A Imco single in single out starts at $175.00. Flowmaster Single in sigle out starting at 200 installed. I went in to talk to him after talking to a friend of mine that has a powdercoating shop further up the hill and he gave me the reference of the guy in sutter creek. Does really good work and has decent prices. I'm gonna be having him do a S/I-S/O 3" Flowmaster pretty soon I'll Get some pics and mabey some sound clips on you tube after the upgrade.

Just a heads up for locals.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:58 PM
korg70kbc
New User
Originally Posted by basfire
Ford automatic tranny. The guru of Ford auto trannies is in Rancho Cordova, ATO Transmissions. Jim the owner is so well known that Ford engineers called him asking how he bomb proofed their E4OD. The rest of your truck will fall apart before one of ATO's trannies do.

Best independent diesel shop is in the Orangevale area of Sacramento. It is called Orangevale Diesel. The owner Dean is 100% honest and his work is impeccable. Give him a call and tell him Bruce the Fireman told you about him.

basfire

'91 F350 CC 7.3 IDI, 4X4, 5sp, 3.55, Banks Turbo
Great to get a referral 4 our area. As u know, mechanics SUCK around here

This is a great thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:59 AM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Here in the town of Willows, there is a very reputable shop called Wunches Garage. They service all of my vehicles and they get it right the first time.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
RedSmokey
New User
Up here in Sacramento another great place is Diesel Nut Motorsports. The owner Jason is a great guy and does some awsome work. He does focus more on the performance side, but does it all. He has helped me out in a bind and is a cool guy to talk to!

Their website is www.DieselNut.com

Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
doubledee715
Elder User
Originally Posted by th1567
Community Auto - Monterey Road - Morgan Hill - Ask for Tony The most consistently trustworthy shop I've found, they do all the repairs I either don't have time for or can't... helped me out in a pinch, on a Friday PM...leaving town alternator on our Taurus fried...R/R's it for less than the cost of a new one....this was about a month ago..have used them since 1998
My mom takes her mercedes to Tony and it has over 150k on it. Has taken care of us in a pinch or two also. +1 for Tony at Community off of Monterey Rd in Morgan Hill.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
Originally Posted by doubledee715
If you have transmissin issues and are in the chico area don't go anywhere else but transamatic off of fair street and 20th(right next to estes trucking). I had a delay and they ran for codes and dropped the pan for free. The guy's name is Steve and they don't charge you unless they fix your transmission. great shop.
I know this is an old recommendation (I hadn't seen it though), but I'd steer clear of Transmatic if you actually need any real work done. I needed my trans rebuilt while I was living in Chico and went to them first. I asked for a Stage 2 upgrade along with the rebuild and they looked at me like I was stupid (I mostly wanted a better torque converter and a shift kit installed). Then they told me that a C6 couldn't hold up to my 37" tires & 400hp and that I was dumb to even try (total bs, as a c6 is one of the stoutest auto trans made). On top of that, the price they quoted me for a stock transmission rebuild was $500 more than the rebuild I got (with the Stage 2 build) from First Gear Transmissions.

So, go to First Gear Transmissions at 247 Meyers St (off of Park Ave.) if you need work done. He may not have a big, fancy shop like Transamatic, but he knows his stuff, works fast (mine was there only 2 days) and is less expensive. I've had my transmission for about 1.5 years with lots of miles of hard use (I'm often towing a trailer) and haven't had a single problem with it.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great shop in the tri valley area.

Thought I would post a rare find. A good shop in Danville.

Outstanding front end alignment. Took the 97 and made it perfect after two earlier attempts at other shops.

Walt's Danville Service.

I'm as picky as can be about these things and they impressed me. I recommend them.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:12 AM
theShocker
New User
Question

Does anyone know of any solid diesel mechanics in the Santa Rosa area?

Quick Reply: Good Repair shops in the North State