North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Membership Packages

Old 09-18-2006, 08:40 PM
artj66
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Membership Packages

OK, so I have an idea to put everything into our membership packages. I'll check with my old contacts about getting embroidered hats done up. Last time they ran around $8 each for 12 of them. I'm thinking we do that, a membership card and the iron-on patch for the shirts for around $20-25 per year.
I'd like to bring in more than the package costs us to cover a discount for somehting like one of our pot luck gatherings. maybe then we can all do side dishes and use the extra for the main course and/or beverages. What do you guys think?

-AJ

Old 09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Art,

I don't know about the membership package.Right now the $$$$ are starting to get tight again since my truck is down.

I don't know how everyone else feels but for now,I would like to leave things they way they are.Meeting new people that join us has been a real plus for me.
Pot Luck GTG are easy to put together and everyone can chip in to buy the main course. Just what I think for now until we can get more members.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:05 PM
artj66
Senior User
That's fine with me. I'd prefer to hold off a bit myself, and I do have a quick idea for a cheaper start-off. What if we do membership cards like they do for the Roush Racing fan clubs...we send it out in an email for the member to print off themself. It's no direct cost to the members to sign up and everyone can print off their card and have it laminated if they want.
One thing I would like to do is look into a chapter website for us. Hey Scwid...do you mind taking the lead on this one? The last time I mentioned a web host, you sent me questions that still have me confused.

-AJ

Old 09-18-2006, 09:09 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by artj66
That's fine with me. I'd prefer to hold off a bit myself, and I do have a quick idea for a cheaper start-off. What if we do membership cards like they do for the Roush Racing fan clubs...we send it out in an email for the member to print off themself. It's no direct cost to the members to sign up and everyone can print off their card and have it laminated if they want.
One thing I would like to do is look into a chapter website for us. Hey Scwid...do you mind taking the lead on this one? The last time I mentioned a web host, you sent me questions that still have me confused.

-AJ
Art,I like the idea about the membership cards that will cost next to nothing.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:24 PM
artj66
Senior User
The guy who works for me mentioned it this afternoon. He had signed up on their website to get discounted merchandise and said it's free membership and the email the card to you in a .pdf format so that you can't alter the name, account number, etc.

-AJ

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:28 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by artj66
The guy who works for me mentioned it this afternoon. He had signed up on their website to get discounted merchandise and said it's free membership and the email the card to you in a .pdf format so that you can't alter the name, account number, etc.

-AJ
I like the the look and design,how much will cost to in a membership?

Old 09-18-2006, 09:36 PM
artj66
Senior User
Before we set a price, let's see what Scwid can tell us about websites. He has a lot more understanding of that stuff than me and that's why I want him to give us some ideas. My only goal would be for the membership fess for 10 people to cover the cost of running the site for a year (including the domain name). This way we're all chipping in to make it happen. If there's any left, then we can put it towards our outing or possibly some more help in advertising.
A friend of mine said that Carolina Classics will post advertisements for groups like us on their message board at their shop in Durham. For those who don't remember them, that's where Scwid got his fenders.

-AJ

Old 09-18-2006, 11:49 PM
SCWIDVICIOUS
Elder User
websites...
the biggest costs at first are usually the startup fees....example:
Domain: somewhere 8.00 a year. not bad. .com.org.net and all those others.
hosting...normally have a setup fee of roughly 75 bucks, then the monthly hosting packages vary. most will let you up and downgrade without new setup fees, so the only differences are in the monthly cost and the said options and extras associated with the accounts.

The hosts are really the main thing when it comes to a site. HOw many databases do you need? HOw much bandwidth tranfser?, how many email account do you want for members to have there own @ourdomain.com email addys for supporters? its those types of Q's that determine the type of hosting you need. they can range from 5 bucks to hundreds, and even thousands a month, but I highly doubt we would reach that magnitude in a local chapter.
Other factors are what type of pages do you want? besides the normal obvious types of pages, front, and links etc....like the forums, wiki, galleries, forms (mailto's and such) becasue there are free forum softwares such as phpbb, but they are way less configurable than ones like this board which are vbulletin. vbulletin has 2 packages available for licensing. and a yearly fee for membership to their support forums, but is worth it.. the phpbb dont have the best security, nor are they very configurable, so if any substantial traffic what so ever comes in, the best bet is VB. not for that reason alone.....options include the availability and usability of "hacks" such as the quick reply boxes below our posts, the smilies locations, and thousands of other cool things as well as configurable account for mods, supermods, members statuses and many many other factors plus support if needed unlike phpbb where your hacks are limited, and no support to speak of.

Web pages are easy to build, I can build one easily in no time, so I will take the web part of the club if you want me too. I can assist you better on the phone with details because there is really so many factors that I could type a novel and not even scratch the surface. if LD is a factor, call me, or message me your#, then I will call you....i have unlimited LD

Its all good, and I will take webmaster, just let me know when you want to discuss it and we will have a convo about the prices for hosts and all those details.

as far as PDF files, I can also make (and edit )those, I have adobe acrobat pro

Old 09-18-2006, 11:51 PM
SCWIDVICIOUS
Elder User
sorry if thats confusing, its just hard to translate what I said into type.
lol
i know what im trying to say though....there are many factors to take into account for, but all in all its really not that hard. time consuming at times, but thats just part of the game.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:12 PM
artj66
Senior User
Question

I have an idea of what you're saying...sort of. I'll try calling you tomorrow night sometime...I'll be on the road for a few hours coming home from Wytheville, VA. So I won't have to worry about the baby or anything.

-AJ

Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
I'm all about it. already pay FTE a chapter membership fee would probably be to much for most ford guys otherwise we would all drive chebbys

Originally Posted by Old Tired Rebel
Hey Art,

I don't know about the membership package.Right now the $$$$ are starting to get tight again since my truck is down.

I don't know how everyone else feels but for now,I would like to leave things they way they are.Meeting new people that join us has been a real plus for me.
Pot Luck GTG are easy to put together and everyone can chip in to buy the main course. Just what I think for now until we can get more members.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:40 PM
SCWIDVICIOUS
Elder User
art, be sure and leave a message if I dont answer. here lately iv been spending a lot of time in a black hole for my phone... its signal is very weak there. also, leave your number in message as it might not show up on the caller ID and a time to call.

its crazy, my phone picks up everywhere except that one particualr house..lol

Search this Thread