Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2006, 07:13 PM
New User

acelliott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Door Keypad Code Locations

I just purchased a new (to me) F350 4x4 LB Quad Cab Dually. It is the most awesome truck, but I don't have the original papers that have the door keypad codes. Can anyone tell me where on the truck to find the sticker with these codes.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

ACE
'05 F350 4x4 Dually
Old 09-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Senior User

moldman7n is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would think a dealer could get it for you based on the vin number. I got a little plastic card with mine that had it.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:38 AM
New User

Thanks!

I'm sure that the dealer will be able to help me, but was hoping someone on the forum could save me a trip! This truck came without its owner's manual and plastic ID Card!
Old 09-16-2006, 12:19 PM
New User

lincolnguy1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Try this, hope it helps

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/51...ight=door+code
Old 09-16-2006, 12:57 PM
New User

Lincolnguy1, you are the MAN. I tried searching and evidently am incompetent. Many thanks. I will post again after I have a chance to try this!
Old 09-16-2006, 05:34 PM
New User

lincolnguy1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad i could help
Old 09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
New User

fidobob is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just found mine it is on the firewall. Open the cubby belowthe upfitter switches then then pull the sides in to pull itdown further. take a flash light and look on the firewall behindit will be slightly up (its the 5 large digitson that sticker)
Old 09-19-2006, 08:59 AM
New User

Well, thanks to everyone for their assistance. Since I was unsuccessful in locating my code, I will tell you what I was told by a Ford representative. He says that at least by 2005 the codes are no longer printed anywhere within the vehicle and you must now go to the dealership and pay $79 for a hookup.

Making money would appear to be the primary motivation for Ford. Not cool if you ask me.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:30 PM
New User

dodgedtheford2long is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks guys, I just found my code. I bought a used 2006 F250, and no one knew the code.
I pulled the storage tray/giant ashtray open, and looked up behind the radio. It was a code on a white box.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
[quote=dodgedtheford2long]Well, thanks to everyone for their assistance. Since I was unsuccessful in locating my code, I will tell you what I was told by a Ford representative. He says that at least by 2005 the codes are no longer printed anywhere within the vehicle and you must now go to the dealership and pay $79 for a hookup.QUOTE]

He lied to you.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)

Last edited by BPofMD; 09-24-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Screwed up...
Old 09-26-2006, 10:43 AM
New User

It may well be that I was lied to, but I can also tell you that I looked EVERYWHERE for that box and followed all the instructions from other helpful users and could not find it. There is nothing behind my radio that could be mistaken for a RAP module!

Luckily for me, the guy who sold me the car eventually located the original owner, who supplied the code and forwarded it to me. Not much help to anyone else, but solved my problem for free.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Senior User

superdutyquest is starting off with a positive reputation.
i just found mine on an 05 f250.i looked everywhere as well.all kinds of boxes, numbers and white fiber insulation.i kept reading "on the firewall" so i peeled back 2 layers of insulation and a butt load of wires to find a black box mounted to the firewall with a big white decal stuck to it with 5 bold print digits on the left hand side.thanks fellas
Old 11-18-2006, 10:12 AM
New User

k_9duke is starting off with a positive reputation.
still cant find it!

OK guys.....I have followed all directions i took the whole dash apart, took 3 hours......still no #'s, foud severl boxes... i have a 05 6.0 so maybe they are dif. but the damage to the truck it takes to get that far back to the fire wall just isnt worth it...
Old 11-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Freshman User

flames64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you take the truck to a Ford dealer, they will hook a scanner to the port under the dash (just below the steering wheel) and pull the code. Takes all of about 2 minutes. I stood and watched the tech do mine. It took longer to drive back to his stall than to pull the code.
As for price, I dont know. Mine was free (tech is a friend).
Old 11-18-2006, 07:09 PM
New User

k_9duke is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks....i called the dealer and let my wife at him....lol he told me to bring it down and he would do it for free...lmao
Old 11-18-2006, 07:09 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2005, 2006, change, code, codes, door, f150, f250, ford, harley, keypad, location, lock, pad, series