Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Senior User

hotnanas is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
gonna have to give this a shot at lunch....or maybe after work. Thanks for all the contributions to this thread!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Senior User

hotnanas is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
yep, found it in about 1.5 minutes through the small cubby box. now I think I know how to use everything on this new-to-me truck!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:33 PM
New User

4gottoo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up Good info

Just found mine in 5 minutes. Hardest thing for me was holding the insulation out of the way. Just stuff it up and behind some wires to keep it out of the way. Also lay across the seat with your feet sticking out the passenger side door and slide your head off the seat to the floor just in front of the ash tray. Left hand to deal with the insulation right hand holds the flash light read the code and your done. Pretty simple.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
New User

VNTIL8M is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhirtj View Post
Good luck fiinding your code!

Jim
Thanks Jim!!!

Took me all of 3 minutes to see this code and BAM!!!

You da man!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:58 PM
New User

mcwhirtj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the feedback.

Glad to see that my photos are helping others!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Freshman User

blousteau is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I found mine, I snaked my arm up there and gently peeled the sticker off the box and stuck in on the wall of the glove box. Maybe I will need it again, and maybe not. Maybe the next owner will appreciate that, and maybe not.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
New User

vuducomics is starting off with a positive reputation.
Perfect instructions, 04 F350 had to do some maneuvering and use a flashlight and a mirror but only took 30 seconds, code was in perfect view. Its not just about saving the money but still being capable of doing work on your own vehicle thats makes it satisfying. Thanks again
Old 08-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Senior User

IT_Dude is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was cussing you guys and cussing you guys but I should've known better. I looked and looked and looked, but I couldn't see it based on what everyone was saying. I had the dash off, but taking the radio out looked like I'd end up breaking something. I came back in the house, read some more and I couldn't let it get the better of me. I should've trusted in you guys from the very beginning. I had to get in from the drivers side and lay upside down. All the pictures are red x's now, so I couldn't see any pictures of what you guys were talking about, I finally found it and it works.

Thanks FTE and all who contributed!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:26 AM
New User

Orion_70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok guys, am I missing something here? Does the 2002 F250 have this module in the dash? I have crawled everywhere looking for this elusive module. I've contorted myself like a pretzel looked everywhere under the dash against the firewall and cannot find this thing. I've read several threads identifying the location, looked at pics and descriptions of hte location, and still can't find it. Does anyone know or can describe the correct location on a 2002 f250 Crewcab superduty diesel? Thanks for any help
Old 10-03-2010, 08:11 AM
New User

Orion_70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, still no luck in trying to find this elusive module. I had a friend also give it a go yesterday and still no luck. I'm beginnning to wonder if it's on the 2002 f250 diesel. I've read the '01's didnt' have it and since this was produced in '01 I'm not sure. If anyone has found it on a 2002 diesel crewcab, I'm all ears. Thanks for any help/advice!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:21 PM
New User

Wickline is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2004 F350 That I bought new and had the original key pad replaced several years ago under warranty. I have always had a personal code entered to unlock the doors. The Truck was stolen form my local ford dealer while in for service about a month ago and since it was recovered my personal code no longer works. I found the original code under the dash (the owners manual was stolen) but it does not unlock the doors. If I press the 7/8 9/0 keys the doors still lock and all the remote key fobs work but the code on the box will not. Are the codes to the key pads specific to the control module or the key pad. I think I was given a new card with a new master code when the pad was replaced but that was with my stolen owners manual.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
New User

mustang9697 is starting off with a positive reputation.
05 F250 Door Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgedtheford2long View Post
Thanks guys, I just found my code. I bought a used 2006 F250, and no one knew the code.
I pulled the storage tray/giant ashtray open, and looked up behind the radio. It was a code on a white box.

Thanks alot! just took couple of minutes and some strange positions but found it exactly were you said, (just had to move some white insulation )and found it, thanks.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Senior User

bodywerks is starting off with a positive reputation.
must be missing something?

Yep. Definitely missing something. On my 06 f250 diesel the only thing up and behind my stereo is a big air distribution box and and behind that is almost immediately the firewall and there are no wires going up between there and even if there was the area is so tight That I can barely fit my fingers between it, let alone see anything up there!
is it possible that my truck just doesn't have this module?
thing is, my truck has a keypad on the door but its dead - no backlighting no nothing. And its not the original door, as the truck's previous owner was in a wreck that required a whole new door. I bought this from a used car dealer and it also didn't come with a keyless remote. So is it possible that my truck never had any kind of keyless options, even though it is an XLT?
Starting to think a trip to the dealer is in order....
Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Senior User

bodywerks is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is it possible that the GEM could be somewhere else?
Old 04-20-2014, 03:20 PM
New User

paulem is starting off with a positive reputation.
05 F-250 Keypad Location

I have an 05 F-0250.
Just found my code without a problem.
Take out the pull out drink holder on the dash.
The code is up behind the radio on a white sticker.
There are several numbers and digits, but the one you
are looking for is 5 numbers.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2005, 2006, change, code, codes, door, f150, f250, ford, harley, keypad, location, lock, pad, series