1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 11-17-2014, 05:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Door Keypad Code Locations

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:18 PM
JPloussard
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Found the code on my 2006 F250 PSD

Just bought an 06 Lariat 4x4 FX4 CC Short Box. In the 5700 miles the previous owner ran up he lost the card. Probably while taking that financial bath while trading for a Range Rover! OK. I read alot of posts and here is what I did. Put the drivers seat all the way back. Got upside down in the seat so I could look under the dash with some stability. Hanging out the door didn't work for me. I found the module dead center on the dash about the height of the climate control and forward most (towards the firewall) of all the devices mounted in there. It is black with three connectors that are visible and entering the unit from the bottom. They are grey, green and blue in color. There is a piece of white foam insulation running across it side to side in the space between it and the climate module. The code is printed clearly on a white sticker on the face of the module that the insulation is laying up against. I slid a small mirror (wifes compact) between it and the insulation, with a flashlight on the mirror, I read the code that appeared inverted and backwards. I worked my way out of the cab entered the code and the locks activated as described in the manual. Hope this helps. I can be reached at jploussard@comcast.net is anyone has any questions. The whole dealership $75 thing to get a code just isnt my style. I dont mind paying for what I need to but I didn't need to pay for that. Neither does anyone else. Good luck.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:18 PM
blueovalfan1
Freshman User
Two weeks ago I traveled 300 miles to get my 2004 F250. The salesman had the truck ready and waiting for me. I didn't think to ask for the code until I was ready to drive away. He left for a few minutes and came back w/o the code, but told me that any Ford dealer will hook-up to the diagnostics port and retrieve the code for free. A few days later I called my local dealer and was told there would be a $25 fee to get the code. Another dealer charges $37.50. So I called the dealership where I bought my truck and told them about their salesman's comment vs the truth and was sent a check to cover the cost. Even at $25, if I had to pay out of my pocket, I probably would have been crawling up behind the dash as well.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 PM
wrangler1
New User
Thumbs up Keypad code

xtraveler is correct. If you take the stereo out it is easier to see the code on the sticker. Unfortunately I couldn't see mine at any angle. If you push the insulation up and away from the computer, then take a picture with a digital camera it is much easier. Your camera needs to be about the size of a credit card though.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
NorCalBusa
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the ignition key, you can also just add a new code. The original one will still be in there, but you can add several additional codes. The steps are in the Owners Manual.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:39 AM
mcwhirtj
New User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Found the code on my 2005 F250

Originally Posted by dodgedtheford2long
Thanks guys, I just found my code. I bought a used 2006 F250, and no one knew the code.
I pulled the storage tray/giant ashtray open, and looked up behind the radio. It was a code on a white box.
Like others, I purchased my truck (2005 F250 Fx4 Crew SB, Lariat) used (from a dealer) and at the last minute asked about the code. They couldn't find it, and it was after hours so service wasn't open. They told me I would have to come back and they would read it out from the computer (for free) - but the dealer is an hour drive from my house, so I started searching the forums and found this thread.

After trying several times, I followed the above quoted approach (aslo recommended by Fidobob) and found the box/lable/code. For me the keys were 1) using the storage bin area for access, and 2) the comment that the box is mounted on the firewall.

The way I finally found it was by feel - I stuck my arm through the access created by removing the storage cubby, and blindly reached up through the wires and foam, all the way to the fire wall, aiming for the general area of "behind the stereo", and just started blindly gropping. When my hand felt a smallish rectangular box, I thought "That's it!" Follow up visual inspection (which was still not easy - but at least I knew there was something there!) using a flashilight showed the sticker w/ the code.

Dealer would have read the code for free - but this saved me two to three hours driving there and back - thanks to everyone for their input/advice. Hope my description will help some who had difficulty.

Jim

Last edited by mcwhirtj; 08-05-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
mcwhirtj
New User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Finding F250 keypad code: Pictoral "how to"

I've gained so much from FTE forums - I decided it was time to try and give something back. So I went back and took some pictures showing how I found the sticker with the keypad code. For reference - this is a 2005 F250 Fx4 CC, SB, Lariat - for what it matters. I hope this will help someone else find their code and minimize the time spent upside down under the dash!

Good luck fiinding your code!

Jim

Last edited by mcwhirtj; 08-05-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:09 PM
jim2888
New User
I found mine right where you said it would be.Did not have to move anything to see it. Mine is a 06 F250 5.4

Old 09-10-2007, 09:33 PM
redford
Received 1,550 Likes on 905 Posts
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa
With the ignition key, you can also just add a new code. The original one will still be in there, but you can add several additional codes. The steps are in the Owners Manual.
No, you have to have the original code to enter a personal code.

Cut from the 2005 Owner Manual at http://www.analogstereo.com/pdf/om/f...anual_2005.pdf

Programming a personal entry code
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered within five seconds of each other.
4. The doors will again lock then unlock to confirm that your personal keycode has been programmed to the module.

Last edited by redford; 09-10-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:00 PM
qfadder
New User
Thanks

Great post! Great pictures!
I found the code on my 2005 CC PSD in about two mins!
Thank you very much!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
gymskis
New User
I love this website. Just saved me $44. Mine was located on the CCM. Used a small mirror and a flashlight - took 5 minutes. CCM is mounted on the firewall, pretty much directly behind the radio.
2004 F350 XLT 6.0L 4x4 LB Crew

Old 12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
PanmanFF
New User
Thanks Jim...I have a 2007 F-250 and the instuructions were perfect...i caught myself laughing looking for it because of the position you have to get into. Of all the spots to hide it, even with directions it is still a pain but it saved me $$$$..Thanks again

Old 06-26-2008, 06:45 PM
bjohngrp
New User
2005 F-250 mine is on module that is behind and above cubby located below the upfitter switches.
The tray can be removed by squeezing in sides and pulling down, the module is behind the white insulation (5 LARGE numbers on the sticker)

Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
llcustom
Senior User
Mine was right behind the radio on the 05. I had the radio out and it was plan as day!

Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though I found mine about a month ago, It was due to the instructions on this thread. Right behind the radio. 05' X Thanks

Old 08-25-2008, 11:50 PM
hotroddually
Posting Guru
cool info. i just talked to a friend that needs the code for his f350 Super Duty. we are going to try and get his from this posts info. thanks for sharing your knowledge.-billy

Quick Reply: Door Keypad Code Locations