New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Binghamton G2G - August 12 & 13th, 2006

Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 PM
bterry
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Binghamton G2G - August 12 & 13th, 2006

OK, here's the deal. I'm going to host up a meeting but the hard part of it is planning the date, place, and how to keep you all occupied. So I (finally) just picked two days incase I picked the wrong one for you. Deciding what to do is difficult, and I can't afford the time to take an entire weekend off, so I've planned alittle work party for Sunday morning. The rest is up to you all.

Saturday the 12th (Anytime you want):
Free beer/soda/water and burgers at my house. Hang around, possibly a little off road for those with a 4x4. Other ideas are very welcome so please help me out here. I've got enough back yard for a tent or two, or you are all welcome to crash in the family room.

Sunday the 13th (The earlier the better - read on):
I'm going to get up early and strip my F350 for parts. Pull rears, flatbed, engine, tranny, and transfer case, plow frame, and some associated wiring. Will have torches, air tools, hoist, etc. This will be at my commercial property down the road. Will finish up at 12PM sharp, fire up the grill with some spedies and relax for a while. Will have free beer/soda/water here also.

Disclaimers:
There is a small possibilty we'll have the race car running by this time, and would be racing Saturday night. If this happens, you are all welcome to join us at the track. The free burgers and beer won't apply.

I'm not a big fan of getting real blitzed and then try to drive... Please don't drive real blitzed.

Last edited by bterry; 08-02-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Wow!!! This is more than I was expecting Barr. I figured everyone could provide their own food and drinks so it wouldn't be a burden on you. I still feel that people should bring stuff to help out. Thank you for offering!!

For myself, of the two days Saturday works better for me. I figure I would be to your place around 11:00 or so. Maybe a 12:00 noon offical start time?? Hopefully the work will be done on the SD by then. If not, I will come down in the Range Rover to wheel it. I was just looking forward to meeting up with some people and seeing your vehicles. Anything else is a bonus as far as I am concerned!!

Okay gang!!! There it is!! Post up what you want to do and when you can make it. We need a head count for Barr!!

Old 08-03-2006, 05:38 PM
bterry
Elder User
I know Cowlady can't get online much, but maybe if someone has her phone number, they could give her a call to at least invite her.

It also looks like Ken may be sending some goodies for us - no promises. Maybe we can have a Best Looking Olds Regency contest or something (sorry Popa Tim - I couldn't resist). Maybe a muddiest truck, shiniest truck, ugliest dog, Most Obvious Thing Said, etc. contest. </PRIVITE jokes>

As far as the free food and beer, I really don't mind. I don't think more than 50-60 people will show, so it shouldn't cost me much. It'll make it about even for those buying gas or diesel fuel.

Noon Saturday is fine.

Last edited by bterry; 08-03-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
I will get a hold of Angela (cowlady) to see if she can make it.

That is cool that Ken is willing to try and send some stuff our way. I know that they have been trying to do things for the chapters being that there is not going to be a national meet this year.

Best Looking Olds Regency contest huh??? There might be a fight for that one!!!

Thanks for doing the food and drinks. And I doubt we will have 50-60 people. At the rate that people are posting in this thread for a head count it might just be the two of us. I hope not. That would be a lot of beer for the two of us to drink!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:46 AM
bterry
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ronin007
And I doubt we will have 50-60 people.
Me too - I was kidding.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Don't get me wrong Barr I would love to have 50-60 NY Chapter members show up, but considering we are the only two posting in this thread and I did ask for a head count for you it might just be the two of us drinking all that beer!!

Come on gang!! You have been asking for a G2G and bterry went to the trouble of getting one set up. I really would like it to be more than just Barr and myself. John Pen is the only one who told me he could not make it. Where are the rest of you??? No shame if you can't make it. Just let us know if you are planning on coming or not so Barr knows how much food and drinks to get. So post up people!!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:57 PM
pancake
Elder User
boo!...ronin seems to have caught my interest here ...sounds like something id like to do to if only i could figure out where binghamton is ...ive heard of it ,but never been, and if i have enough$$ to feed my truck("looks like an old mans truck") with my lil I6 for the ride down and back home...ok im going to go check mapquest to see how far this binghamton is from here in utica..

Old 08-04-2006, 05:04 PM
pancake
Elder User
okie this just in,

according to mapquest "Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes Total Est. Distance: 88.25 miles " which i spose isnt too bad ive dont countless trips that run between 50 and 75 miles from home and havent gotten lost ,i think i can do this ,now the question is where in binghamton am i going ??

Old 08-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Hey this is great!!! Now there are three of us!!

Technically Barr lives in Conklin which is a little southeast of Binghamton. I guess Barr is going to have to let us know where we are all going to meet. Probably we should all have each other's numbers in case we do get lost. Barr if I have to call you do you want me to use the number on the back of your truck?

pancake - I want to see this truck that "looks like an old mans truck"!! I hear you on feeding it. I have a V10 SD and the trip will be a little over 130 miles one way for me and be about 2 1/2 hours, but it will be worth it. I am just looking forward to meeting some of you that I talk to on this board all the time. Barr and I have been talking about getting together since February so it will be great to meet up!!

Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
pancake
Elder User
good deal there are some details to be ironed out but here are a few pics

BEFORE

NOW(with my winters studded tires and plain rims,but i have the 5 slot "styled steel rims on for the summer"

Old 08-05-2006, 08:39 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
I know where Conklin is and when Barr was talking about the flooding, I assumed that it was bad, but not that bad!! I spent June 29 & 30 down in Deposit which is further east on 17 with a few guys from my fire department and 5 other departments from my county helping with pumping basements out from the flooding there. When we left relief crews came down and some were assigned to the Conklin area and I have heard some of their stories.

Back to the G2G..... I unfortunatly have prior commitments that I have been trying to weasel out of so that I could make it down, but no luck. So it looks like I will be missiing the party.

Tiny

Just for the record..... 150 miles one way and 2.5 hours of driving.

Last edited by tiny1; 08-05-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Jdenninger
Elder User
i don't make enough money in a week to feed my beast for that long of a drive and to be able to survive. at 5-10mpg from eastern long island..... 2-3 tanks each way at 33 gallons a tank..... sorry guys, not till i get this thing running MUCH better( may be time to rebuild the motor) maybe next time.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
tiny1 - Thanks for the update and thank you for helping out in Deposit. I have only seen pictures and write-ups on various boards that I am on and it was and in some places still bad.

Well if you do manage to "weasel out of" your commitments do come on down. We are going to get together regardless of if it is three or 50 of us. So let us know if your plans change.

So what about everyone else??? There have be more of you who want to G2G. Like I said, let us know either way as Barr needs a head count for the party!!

Old 08-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
JD - not a problem. I fully understand. I kind of figured those of you in the NYC and LI area would not be able to come. Hopefully you guys could do your own G2G. Would you be up to organizing one? Post up what you would be willing to do in the G2G thread and maybe we can get one going for you guys. Thanks for posting up!!

Old 08-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
bterry - do you want people to contact you via the number on the back of your truck in case they get lost?

Thanks so much for doing this. Hopefully more people will be able to come. Maybe some of our PA neighbors will be able to come too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Binghamton G2G - August 12 & 13th, 2006