N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

mud bogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrrgh, Clint,
OK, we'll have to work on another meet, or maybe... multiple pit passes???
Haaaa, Just kidding.
Really though, we may have to work on the meet, or maybe have two of them or something.
Can't wait to see the newsletter Clint.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:18 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by WillyB
I got a pit pass so will be busy starting about 2pm Sat - but it will make a great write-up for FTE if they want it, or my website if they drag their feet.

I will also use this outing for our newsletter - the first to be published about 15 Oct.
So Clint, when are you arriving in Fallon on Saturday? I understand that you will be working starting at 2:00 pm, but what time are you showing up out there?
'Tis coming up this next weekend. Thought maybe we could meet up prior to your jounalistic obligations. Alanco, Bdox, Skipped-link and myself will be up there on Saturday. If we can plan early enough, maybe we can try and do a lunch or something. Alanco wont be staying through Sunday so he wont be around for the breakfast you were thinking obout.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 09-24-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:36 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan on being there from about 3 pm on Friday to Sunday afternoon - longer if I am having fun. Shall we "do" lunch on Saturday?

Also, I am interviewing one of the 318 racers who has a host of the original Broncos and is about the only Ford guy at the track - - - can I ask him along?

Old 09-24-2006, 03:50 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Wow, your coming in Friday afternoon? I thought you weren't due until Saturday. Cool, when is Skipped_link showing up? Do you know?
I think Bdox is coming on Saturday. Also, I believe that Alanco has stated that he is coming Saturday as well and just for the day.

Of course you can ask a "Ford Guy" to come along. That's the point... "Foooord" Truck Enthusiasts... Helloooo...
Talk to him about choosing a screen name and signing up for the Chaper

Also, I don't know if you have spoken with Skipped_link much, but I do believe that there is a GREAT story he can provide regarding his truck and it's history. that is if he is willing to make it public. It might be kind of a private matter, but then again, maybe not. You really should ask him about it though. (hint)It has something to do with the memorandum on his back window. I kinda have the feel that he would be proud if you published it.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 09-24-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:07 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Thought you guys might want to see a preview of the Fallon Mud Bogs. Of course this is before Skipped_link painted his truck blue and silver.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...ml#post3992049

Ha ha ha, just kidding Skip

Last edited by TigerDan; 09-25-2006 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Removed reference to previous post which was moved to MD
Old 09-25-2006, 01:31 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang, now that's the Riding Mower from Hell!

Old 09-25-2006, 02:00 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Yeah I saw it at the Members only forum and thought of Skipped_link and the mud bogs. After I posted it, I read a little further and saw that it was moved over there by mods.
Ooops...

Old 09-25-2006, 02:09 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Hey WillyB,
Just a thought, if you think of it when you go out to the track for you journalistic adventures, and if it makes sense at the time (not sure of the layout), do you suppose you could see if arranging seating for FTE folks might be possible? I guess you would need a list of interested folks to sit in the given area, but if we could lock in some good seating, it might be a cool thing.
I know you are special and get a pit pass but, well, you could come over and visit at the group seating, and I'm sure each visit would be received with a beverage of some sort.
Like I said, just a thought. PM me if you wish.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:05 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Yeah I saw it at the Members only forum and thought of Skipped_link and the mud bogs. After I posted it, I read a little further and saw that it was moved over there by mods.
Ooops...
Bad Tim...bad, bad Tim!

Well, I didn't see or hear anything offensive on the site (and I looked, since I thought the potential was there...it appears to be a Dutch site, and you know how they are!) but I didn't look extensively. As for the music having offensive lyics as Fred said in the other thread, since that type of music annoys the crap out of me I just tune it out so I didn't notice anything.

But to be on the safe side, I changed the link so that only members can access it, it will now take you to the original thread in the FTE Members only forum.

Sorry.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:29 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
OK guys, I have to flake out on you. I'm sorry!
I really wanted to go and meet up with some of my FTE friends this weekend but I just cant do it. I'm kind of going through a rough time right now.
My daughter has just passed away. The funeral wont be until next week, but I just can't get my head right now. I hope you guys have fun out there. I'm sure you will.
Hoist a couple of beers for me. I'll meet you guys at the next one.
Once again, I'm sorry. I have been very proactive in trying to get this get together off the ground. And I kind of felt like I needed to show up, even with my situation, I felt like I should be there. But I just can't.
Take care, Tim

Old 09-28-2006, 09:43 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Damn Tim, I just don't know what to say. Just know that my thoughts are with you, and if there's anything I can do for you, please let me know. I can only imagine what you're going through right now, and you have to do what you need to for yourself and your family.

Stay strong, my friend. We're here for you.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:57 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Tim, likeI told you on the phone, my heart goes out to you. Life is never fair, and you sure have hit a rough patch. I know how hard it is to be strong at a time like this - but your family needs you to be. Sometimes it is all a man can do just being a man.

If you need or want me, I can make it to Landcaster next week. It is only a few hours from my house.

For those who don't know, Tim's daughter was 27, and died from complcations after she gave birth. Her baby is also in trouble - the baby was taken to San Diago for special care. So not only his daughter, but now his grandchild is at risk.

Life can be hard at times.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:06 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Tim, my heart goes out to you. I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:26 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Please use the "be kind to Tim" thread to express your sympathy.

This sort of loss deserves its own thread.

Clint

Old 10-01-2006, 01:18 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
I am so sorry to hear about this.

My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family, Tim.