Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

It Is Time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 03:03 PM
H2oRodeo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAaaaaaarrgh! I wish I could make it out. I haven't been all that active on the site lately, sorry. I'm in a buddies wedding that day. Hmmmm, The whole wedding party drives ford diesels.....................would we be overdressed in tux's?

Old 09-22-2006, 04:13 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Jeez - it is only an hour's drive for you - plus most guys get married several times.

How about Sunday morning breakfast? We are going to do a pancake breakfast if there are enough people interested, if not we will meet at a local spot.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Vern69
Senior User
I was seriously looking at whether I could run my truck up there for this GTG, but my plans just got speared. My company just asked me to run a tractor-trailer from Vegas to Orlando and back. I have to leave on Tuesday and probably won't be back until the 6th or 7th. I could have turned it down, but I get my regular salary plus an extra $160/day while I'm driving. As I'm looking at an 11-day trip that adds up to a nice little chunk of extra cash for me. I really want to see Skipped run, but will have to wait for the next one. Have fun all.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:21 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by H2oRodeo
AAaaaaaarrgh! I wish I could make it out. I haven't been all that active on the site lately, sorry. I'm in a buddies wedding that day. Hmmmm, The whole wedding party drives ford diesels.....................would we be overdressed in tux's?
Heeeeey, come on out. We could put the bride's maids to work at the mud bogs event during intermission. Maybe a little mud wrestling? That would be classic in those long fancy dresses with all the frillie stuff and flowers .
Woohooo!

Old 09-24-2006, 07:23 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Vern69
I was seriously looking at whether I could run my truck up there for this GTG, but my plans just got speared. My company just asked me to run a tractor-trailer from Vegas to Orlando and back. I have to leave on Tuesday and probably won't be back until the 6th or 7th. I could have turned it down, but I get my regular salary plus an extra $160/day while I'm driving. As I'm looking at an 11-day trip that adds up to a nice little chunk of extra cash for me. I really want to see Skipped run, but will have to wait for the next one. Have fun all.
Thanks Vern, I'm sure it will be fun. A man's gotta pay the bills, I know.
We'll catch ya next time eh?

Old 09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
H2oRodeo
Freshman User
No lie (the groom and I are both diesel freaks by the way) I just called him told him of all the alternate suggestions for his wedding day. His response............"Is it bad to move a wedding back a week when it's only a week away?!"

I also forgot to mention that my wife is set to give birth to boy #2 any day!
If we keep trying to meet, I swear I'll be able to make one! I'd like to find some diesel drags/pulls to play around in anyway. Have fun guys, I'll dab some diesel behind my ears so I can think about all your fun during the ceremony.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:23 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by H2oRodeo
No lie (the groom and I are both diesel freaks by the way) I just called him told him of all the alternate suggestions for his wedding day. His response............"Is it bad to move a wedding back a week when it's only a week away?!"

I also forgot to mention that my wife is set to give birth to boy #2 any day!
Excuses, Excuses !!!!!!!!!!! We don't want no stinking Excuses! Is our fearless leader coming or did he wimp out too?

Bad news - I am bringing my 2wd Van so if he does not show up with a new Navigator we will have to withdraw our entry. . . . Unless . . .

Last edited by WillyB; 09-27-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:31 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
OK guys, I have to flake out on you. I'm sorry!
I really wanted to go and meet up with some of my FTE friends this weekend but I just cant do it. I'm kind of going through a rough time right now.
My daughter has just passed away. The funeral wont be until next week, but I just can't get my head right now. I hope you guys have fun out there. I'm sure you will.
Hoist a couple of beers for me. I'll meet you guys at the next one.
Once again, I'm sorry. I have been very proactive in trying to get this get together off the ground. And I kind of felt like I needed to show up, even with my situation, I felt like I should be there. But OH MY GOD, I just can't.
Take care, Tim

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 09-28-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Tim,

Best wishes to you and all your family. There is nothing worse than loosing your kid. We will drink to you and yours this weekend. I know how you feel, only time will make it less painful so hang in there and do what you can for the rest of your family to help them through it too.

Call me any time.

Bdox

Old 09-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Skipped_link
Elder User
Tim,

You & your family will be in our prayers, I hope the best for everyone involved,
No sweat about this weekend, there will always be another meet,

Old 09-30-2006, 11:13 AM
05XLT
Senior User
Originally Posted by WillyB
Excuses, Excuses !!!!!!!!!!! We don't want no stinking Excuses! Is our fearless leader coming or did he wimp out too?

Bad news - I am bringing my 2wd Van so if he does not show up with a new Navigator we will have to withdraw our entry. . . . Unless . . .
LOL... funny. I didn't wimp out, I just couldn't make it. I will personally set up another meet. I can't wait to meet everyone, but I'm sure you all agree, that we need to set something up where Everyone can meet up and be apart of the fun!