New Hydrocyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:11 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotwheelbill
Fabmandelux, I wish you could expand to Jacksonville Florida with a plant!! We do not even have a bio station close to us.

Bill, why don't you find some like minded people and build your own processor!

If nobody else is doing it where you are the potential for picking up waste restaurant oil would seem to be pretty good!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:37 AM
juancarnuba
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydrocyclone

Fabman,
What exactly do you mean by sensitive? The reason I was thinking of a HC on the WVO is I saw that Lakos makes one specifically for fryer oil and I understand that some deep fryers have small separators built in.
I will do some more digging to see if I can find anyone using a HC for the wash, I have seen plans that show a HC for glycerin removal and another for washing but I don't know if they actually put it into practice.
What I was thinking of as far as using one after the wash was not to try and separate all the water by the HC, since most of it settles in minutes, but to drain off the water until you meet the separation layer, then run it through the HC to get out the water still entrained. With the laminar flow created by the HC I would think any emulsion would be minimal and separate quickly. But, I've been wrong before.
Another question: What about using Magnesol to remove water and impurities(after intial filtering) from the WVO before esterification?

peace,

juan