Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Chapter Leader position

Old 12-09-2005, 02:40 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Chapter Leader position

Effective January 1, 2006, I am going to be resigning from my position as IL Chapter leader. This is due to a change in my work schedule. In the past, I've always had Fridays off, so that was the day I'd use to run errands and go online. Now, starting in January, I'll have to work Fridays, which totally sucks, and I will not have the free time to serve as Chapter leader. Everything that I used to do on Fridays will now have to be done on Saturdays, and that will leave little, if any, time to go online. I REALLY hate my job and would like to find something different, but it's very hard to find anything that would be comparable in pay. Carol and I will still try and make it to the meetings, if we're not too busy. Maybe one of our current members who is active in attending meetings can take over as Chapter Leader?

Old 12-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Edberg
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No John you cant do that the fourm would not be the same without running it.

Edberg

Old 12-10-2005, 01:35 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
Sorry to hear that John, you did an excellent job taking over for Ron.Hopefully someone will step in and fill the position.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Leader

Okay everyone...................2006 is fast approaching! With John having to step down, we'll need some one to step up.

Having been the founding Chapter Leader, I would like to see someone accept the challenge.

I would be willing to help the new Chapter Leader when that member takes office.

Until, the situation with elderly family members...........uh.........is through shall we say, I won't be able to return as Chapter Leader.

Give it some thought and make a difference in 2006!

Fastronald

Old 12-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Leader

Well...............someone needs to step up or express interest in leading the chapter forward in 2006.

With John stepping down, I'll continue to approve the membership requests.

I continue to recieve the requests, so................I'll approve them all as I have in the past.

I may ask the Chapter to approve my serving as Chapter Membership coordinator.............If for no other reason other than support the Chapter.

Would this be okay with the membership?

IF..........no one is able to accept being the Chapter Leader...............I could, if all else fails....... resume the position until such time as a new Leader is found/selected/elected.

Fastronald

Old 12-23-2005, 12:50 AM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
what are the responsiblities of chapter leader and or qualifications? if you don't mind me asking.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Leader

Well..having been the chapter leader..............ask for input for locations,time and dates for meetings.

Work with Officers and Members to attend shows, swap meets or a cruise night.

Work to increase membership and site awarness, etc.

It's not a difficult position, as many of us are willing to help.

If you have other questions or concerns feel free to contact me.

Being in Alsip, meeting about the position would be easy.............I'm in Palos Heights.

Fastronald

Last edited by Fastronald; 12-23-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
2006 Chapter Leader

Ok...we'll need someone to accept the challenge in 2006!

I can tell you first hand it will require some degree of time but not restrictive.

We have had frdrngrlvr express an interest in the position.

Having been the founding Chapter Leader, I would be happy to assist the new Chapter leader as best I can and as time permits.

The January meeting would be a good place to bring the matter to a discusion and hopefully a vote on our new CL.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all, Fastronald

Old 02-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Leader

Ok....someone has to be willing to take over?

IF..........and I really mean IF........no one is willing or able, I may ask to serve as Chapter Leader again.

I prefer someone new take over and contiune to lead us forward.

If that is not possible, I would ask in a poll if I should serve as Chapter Leader again.

Fastronald

Old 03-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Leader

Ok..with all the members we have, someone must be interested in taking over the position.

There is the very real possibility that I'll buy a Thunderbird Super Coupe and become active in that group.

That would mean this site would be on the back burner for me.

We need to continue the Illinois Chapter and grow as well.

Fastronald

Old 03-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Leader

Ok..it's crunch time folks! I'm a step away from leaving the site for the Super Coupe sites and activities.

Someone has to step up or the site may "Lock" the Illinois forum until someone takes over or they start asking for nominations/elections.

Fastronald

Old 03-12-2006, 06:53 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ron, thanks for the time you have given, if you need to step-down do so without regret, this chapter will have to decide on its own if it wants to continue. i'll watch over the chapter for you and do what I can to keep it open.

I'm gonna post notice in the next few days regarding the disposition of this chapter.

Once again thanks Fastronald for the time you have given, .

Old 03-15-2006, 11:04 PM
drb1956
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First time I've been to this forum. Didn't know it was having "problems". I spend all my time on FTE at the Ranger forum. Love all the info that it gives. Would very much like to help, but I 'm so stretched out timewise now, as I am a truck driver by day(never know when I'm getting home),belong to ILSHPA(Illinois State Horseshoe Pitchers Assoc.), working on the house on weekends I don't pitch, beside maintaining 4 cars with high mileage. Have given thought to coming to meetings(if I can find out when they are), and they don't conflict with something on my schedule. Have considered joining FTE Club(still haven't made up my mind). I tell my family and friends about this site, as I think its a great site if you own a Ford Truck. If I can be of some assistance in the future, please look me up on the Ranger site to see if I'm online. I will check back at this site to see who and what kind of a reply I get...

Old 03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
C. L.

Thanks Ray - F2504x4! I will feel bad to see all the progress and effort we gave to have come to a halt. But, things and people change, I'll still stop in to check on things. I just don't have the time currently to lead the chapter again.

drb1956 - I would not say we are in trouble so long as the Illinois forum is active. What is needed is someone to take up the challenge for 2006 as Chapter Leader. I would be happy to help our new Leader as best I can and see the Chapter continue to grow.

Thanks to all who put in so much effort and their time since "we" founded the Illinois Chapter. Special thanks goes to Bob, John and Carol. Thanks goes to Tim and his wife as well.

Fastronald

Old 03-19-2006, 01:45 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To any that are interested, don't think you will be alone, as there are all the other leaders available and illing to help . It really isn't that tough, and you don't have to be on all the time, if you can just check in every so often, like a minimum once a week, it will be fine. You can do it part time, and no money is necessary, my being leader is proof of that... Just need to be here, try to keep some activity going, and try to help organize meetings. It is not the leader's responsibility to plan everything. This is a community, and everyone is part of the decision. Basically, what you need as a leader is to want to be here, want to meet the people of the chapter, and enjoy chttering away on here every so often. Don't even have to be a die hard Ford fanatic, just enjoy your truck, for this site, but automotive tendencies help... Time wise, you can simply subscribe to the forum, so you get your notifications about what is happening in the chapter without having to log in to see what threads are newly posted on.Really, guys, it isn't all that hard.

Search this Thread