Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Freshman User

JTdesert is starting off with a positive reputation.
B99 in an '06 LCF

Hello,
B99 is available at the pump here in Santa Cruz CA. and I've been burning it in my tractors for about six months now with no ill effects. I'm looking to buy a new box truck and Ford is discounting the '06 LCFs heavily. These trucks have a 4.5 Powerstroke diesel with twin turbo, it's basically a 6.0 minus two cyl. I understand ford only recommends up to b5, but will this truck run reliably on b99? Thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 06:57 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
No reason why it shouldn't. Everything runs better on bio.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 09-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Elder User

mgraveman has a good reputation on FTE.mgraveman has a good reputation on FTE.mgraveman has a good reputation on FTE.
My new chevy gets the warranty voided if I do that. Better look first....

2003 Excursion 4x4 - V10 3.73 gears
1994 F350 Reg Cab Dually PSD/ZF5 2wd
2010 Camry
1996 Mustang GT
Old 09-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Prove it when you fill you tank with dino and pull into the dealer. What are they going to do, lick it? How about sending it in for $$$$$$ test to see what percentage is bio or dino? Hmmmm I think that is meant to scare you and protect them against things they do not understand. Stupid manufacturers
Old 09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Elder User

mgraveman has a good reputation on FTE.mgraveman has a good reputation on FTE.mgraveman has a good reputation on FTE.
I agree, but I can't buy it in this area anyway, and don't have time to make it-so it's a non issue. It may be to protect them from people brewing their own that screw it up. I know the new trucks are very sensitive. I think my chevy has injection pressures in the neighborhood of 30k psi....

It really made me mad when I read it, but I bet Ford and Dodge are doing the same thing.

Stupid Manufacturers.

This is a good way to reduce our dependence on foriegn oil, and I can't even do it.

2010 Camry
1996 Mustang GT
Old 09-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Senior User

IABill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Talking

mgraveman, My buddy that is in on our bio project has ran approx 350 gallons of our homemade B-100 through his 05 durabuxx with no problem not even a filter change yet. I have run about 500 gallons through my 03 7.3 stroke. It runs a bit quiter and the old 7.3 IDI turbo in the M/H just loves it only about 300 gallons through it. No filter changes yet for mine......That said I water wash the heck out of my finished product and run it through two filter set up B-4 pumping into the vehicels. Kennedy is correct the stealership has to prove that the bio messed stuff up. If you are still nervious blend yours yourself 50/50 with petro for a few tanks and see how well it works. If you would ever have a problem that you think is fuel related just top off with petro D change out the fuel filter and take it to the stealership. But from my observations you will never have a problem........
Old 09-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Senior User

IABill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Talking

I just looked at your last post no bio close to you......so never mind...Sorry!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Elder User

I agree - I never would have trouble, unless GMC found out, and then my warranty would be void.

2010 Camry
1996 Mustang GT
Old 09-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes I would hate to loose a 100K warranty and have a 5K bill because I wanted to save some $$ at the pump. Wiring harnesses cost big $$ and I've had both of them replaced. 3 days labor @ $80 per hr = outch
Old 09-24-2006, 05:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels