Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2006, 05:08 PM
New User

gratefuljed is starting off with a positive reputation.
7.3 oil pressure switch location

Spending labor day readin and working on my 2000 7.3. Also did a search to no avail. My fuel pump is not working, I think due to the oil pressue switch not working. Bought a switch at napa - did not get the service manual - should have cause I cannot for the life of me find the location of this switch, at least the one I bought. Any help out there today? Thanks very much,

John
Old 09-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Senior User

KRAZY KRAMER is starting off with a positive reputation.
before you go replacing things (which i have done also and didnt help the situation) i would start at the root... the pump itself... just go under the driver side right under the door and locate the fuel pump on the inside of the frame rail with a test light... you will probably need someone to turn the key for you because you might not get under in time before the relay cuts it off... just pull the boot back on the end of it and hook up the test light to see if it has power... if it does and its not running the probelm is the pump or the ground.... as for the oil presure switch im not sure what your saying....if its the sender you are talking about its right on top of the motor.. sticking straight up with a black connector on it... its right in fornt of the fuel filter if your lookin at the motor from the front... good luck
Old 09-04-2006, 07:39 PM
New User

gratefuljed is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks - the pump is running but no gas is coming out. My oil pressure guage does not come up so I was thinking it was the sender. I also understood that if the sender is not working it would cut off the pump, but the pump is working so I am totally confused - not unusual. On a side note, Napa sold me both the wrong oil sender and a wrong speed sensor so I will be back at it tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Post Fiend

amiller93 has a good reputation on FTE.amiller93 has a good reputation on FTE.
What kind of Motor Do you have (no gas coming out)??? and where is no gas/fuel coming out?
If it is a diesel
There are 2 oils systems Low Pressure and High Pressure

Low - feeds engine for lubrication and fills High Pressure Resevoir

High - Provides High Pressure Oil to drive the injectors

Niether should shut off the Fuel Pump
Old 09-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Senior User

KRAZY KRAMER is starting off with a positive reputation.
im sure he meant fuel...but that is a good question... at which point in the fuel system did you check to see no fuel was coming out... right at the discharge of the pump?.. if so i would dump a can of fuel in just for insurance before you waste 200 bucks on a pump and the labor... you cant trust your fuel gauge in a situation like that... and amiller is exactly right about the two oil systems... and back him up 100% that a bad sender will never shut down the fuel system
Old 09-04-2006, 08:29 PM