New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

good spots for off roading/trails?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:34 AM
whododat
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good spots for off roading/trails?

My wife and I would like to do some light off roading/trail riding, but I don't know of any close spots here in NJ or PA, i live in union county. does anyone know of any good spots?

Old 08-30-2006, 05:02 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm at the very top of middlesex county, just below union county. One of my neighbors has been leaving trash in the street which is a no-no, and when I hobbled over there on my broken foot to ask nicely that he not leave crap in the street for weeks at a time, his response was rude and impolite. I hobbled over there instead of calling the cops, since I'm a nice guy.

So, I have the perfect "light off-roading" area for you. His lawn, sideyards, backyards, and the grassy area around the pool. It's just shy of an acre. Feel free to "tread roughly" and spin the tires to see how high an RPM you can shift at and break the tires free of traction. Make sure you fully test the positraction in your differential too. About 30 WOT blasts from a standstill should satisfy this requirement.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Pacerguyel2
Junior User
sounds like a dam good idea fredric, I'm in!!!

Old 08-30-2006, 07:33 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
ACtually, on second thought, leaving them alone might be my better option, as then I don't have to move the pile of engines and stuff from in front of the house.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:40 PM
whododat
Junior User
Owning a house of my own,I understand where u are coming from. Having said that, feel free to call your local pd or the town hall and explain to them what your dilemna is and tell them that u would like to remain anonymous. Make sure to emphasize that and hopefully they will respect that. Then they can see for themselves and mail the guy a summons. I know that in certain towns, a city inspector can issue the summons. And by the way, I'll be the one in the white truck with it's plates off

Old 08-31-2006, 06:17 AM
frederic
Post Fiend
I try to solve issues with neighbors myself, as once the police are involved there is a chance there might be somewhat permanent "bad blood" among neighbors. I live in an estate section, however if you were too look at my property it fits the stereotype of "redneck". Engines here, axles there, piles of scrap metal over there, all the things most wives pitch fits at.

My neighbors are good sports mostly because when they have car trouble, I'll often diagnose (not fix) so when they take it to a shop they don't get raped blindly on stuff they don't need to have replaced. It's a give and take thing.

This particular family has been essentially putting the contents of their house at the curb, which the garbage men won't take, and it stays there. The town won't take appliances, sofa's, and anything over 4' in length or 50lbs in weight during normal pickups. One can pay $50 for an "unlimited pickup" which I do once a year, to get rid off all my junk, usually filling up the entire length of my frontage, as well as the neighbor on each side. For my annual $50 unlimited pickup this past April, the garbage men came, swore, then left. 2 hours later they came back with about 12 guys and five trucks... and spent most of the day humping stuff off the curb into their trucks.

Just an eyesore to drive past this guy's house with all the furniture and lawn debris he's piled up. He put out several appliances which I backed my crewcab to and took to the metal recycling center for $$$, but it's getting to the point where what is left, is starting to block the single-car width street since it's creeping into the street.

Maybe I need to just snowplow it up to his front door as a hint.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:52 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
well, you know for dang sure the rattle trap has trouble making that turn, AND it has a snow plow hookup, AND there are 3 8ft plows in my yard, AND you know how much i like ticking people off.

so if you want, it can be arranged for me to stop by for a visit over the weekend, and move it all up on his front porch.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:03 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Lucky you, two trucks and three plows!

Stop by any time Tom, you're always welcomed, whether you're plowing junk up my neighbor's lawn or just hanging.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:47 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Originally Posted by frederic
Lucky you, two trucks and three plows! .
um, you aint been here in a while. it is now 3 trucks and 4 plows.
and 3 cars, 3 trailers, and a boat

Old 09-01-2006, 06:19 AM
frederic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tjc transport
um, you aint been here in a while. it is now 3 trucks and 4 plows.
and 3 cars, 3 trailers, and a boat
Ha ha.

Well, some people have all the luck, right? I still have to make a plow for my mower.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Jmudder79
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by frederic
however if you were too look at my property it fits the stereotype of "redneck". Engines here, axles there, piles of scrap metal over there, all the things most wives pitch fits at.
Whats wrong with that?

Old 09-01-2006, 02:15 PM
whododat
Junior User
anyway back to the original question, where are the good spots in NJ or nearby to offroad or go trailing?

Old 09-01-2006, 02:35 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
i have heard there are a few places down in the pine barrens where wheeling is still allowed, but have never been to any of them. all the places in central jersey has been turned into housing developments or warehouses anymore.