a good super charger for 302

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 06:25 PM
81fordf-250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a good super charger for 302

I am wanting to build a 302 with good respectable power so my truck will be a bit of a sleeper. I am also thinking of putting on a good set of aluminum cylinder heads. Price is a limit also so want to try to stay on the cheap side but i know i want a blower and a nice set of heads for good breathing and the bling under the hood. not to much detail i can figure that out my self with the internet just where to look and what at.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:04 AM
pud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cost efective solution: (cheaper)
E7 cast iron heads, came stock on many for production 5.0L engines from 1987 and on.
Next best performer you can also find at a wrecker/re-man company are gt40s of mustang cobras or exploders.
for the supercharger, theres always plenty of eaton m90s off 3.8L t-bird supercoupes on ebay. Those max out their output for on a 5.0L, solution: less boost more compression. Heres a chart that shows the final compression ration with the amount of boost. http://kb-silvolite.com/feature.php?action=read&F_id=41
another s/c is the eaton m112, theres a few on ebay and can be found fairly cheap.
Those will get the job done.

less cost effective:
any aftermarket aluminum head, look at summitracing.com.
and any centrifugal s/c for a 5.0L. (vortech, paxton, powerdine)
This will get the job done better.