1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

3Spd Trans model # for 59-61

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:54 PM
microb
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3Spd Trans model # for 59-61

I bought a couple of transmissions from a guy on ebay for my 56. One was from a 59 and the other from a 61. Both are identical except that the 61 has overdrive which is why I wanted them in the first place. I was wondering if anyone knows the model of transmission that these would be (T-86 etc?). Both have a side cover plate and there are a couple of pictures in the ad. (ebay # 130013970680) . I got a pretty good deal from the seller on shipping (only $50 for both) and they were on my doorstep after work today. It looks like one of the gears is pretty well worn in both transmissions though. I dont know which one it is but it is the one closest to the tailshaft. The gear that it engages with is also pretty well worn. I need to search for a replacement for this gear, but it would be helpful to identify the transmission model first. I havent found it etched on the case yet, unless its hidden real well under some rusty grease. Anyway thanks to anyone who can help out here.

Mike

Old 08-29-2006, 06:23 PM
lynnandtina
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of the later t-86's and t-89's had it molded on the passenger side of the tranny, right in the middle of the "tranny". The model of the overdrive was usually molded on the drivers side, right in the middle. At least thats where my '73 t-89n w/r11 model was marked.