N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Tiger trouble - need help now!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:30 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger trouble - need help now!

TigerDan sent me a much needed part -thank you - but he used a tiger paws kitty brush box. Liz collected the box from the front porch and is convinced that it is something I ordered for her birthday - she is one lady who cares for her kitties.

Her birthday is the first part of September, maybe the 12th, so if I am going to order something I need to get to it.

Does anyone have any birthday gift idea? Preferably something she can use on her cats, who never go outside. What is Tiger Paws and what do they sell?

I don't remember what I got her last year, but the year before I got her a riding lawn mower and have never heard the last about that!

Old 08-26-2006, 11:31 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Hmmn, you *think* her B-day is on the 12th? No wonder the mower didn't go over well

I've only been married for 12 years, and I struggle with B-days, anniversaries, X-mas, etc.

You're on your own for this ride, just stay away from Appliances, etc., ya know, things you *think* will make her life serving you, better.

May be best to sneak a peak at her Drivers license too, just to verify the date.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:15 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WillyB

I don't remember what I got her last year, but the year before I got her a riding lawn mower and have never heard the last about that!
OMG
You are kidding, aren't you? That is something I might have done, before I learned better that is. If you really did that, I feel your pain Clint. Been there, done that.
I asked my wife what she would like under a similar situation. She said she saw an etched glass picture of a lion that she liked. Kinda cool eh? If you can find one. (now I know what to look for next April...... April something or other) I'd better take a quick look at her DL.
She also suggested a cat picture or cat theme on a pillow, or a mouse pad with a cat theme on it.
Chicks are weird aren't they?
Good luck Clint.
Hey are you gonna go to the Truck Event at Boomtown? I was hoping to meet up with you some day.
Tim

Old 08-26-2006, 06:44 PM
1FineBroncoBabe
Elder User
If you have a wife that is into material/ expensive things, then you're on your own. But if she's a sentimental lady, it won't matter if it's big or expensive. All she'll care is that you put some real heart and thought behind it.

Presents from the heart, rock!

Don't settle for jewelry unless its something you really want to give her. Good women don't care about the cost or how shiny it is....

Hopefully she's easy to please. Best of luck, buddy.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:55 PM
jd_sylvia
Posting Guru

Gheesssee Clint..

I have been married almost 26 years and figured it out early on that you need to pay attention to them when they say things like" You know what I would like is a $$$$". Or if she has a hobby just get something that goes with the hobby.
I also learned very early on that you never buy anything that requires your wife to work like appliances. My wife likes nick nacks and books and clothes so even a gift certificate makes my wife happy. Be careful with clothes by the way sizes can be tricky.

She even likes it if I build her a planter or something like that as long as I maintain it.

Good luck buddy..

Old 08-26-2006, 08:05 PM
soondg
Postmaster
For shame, For shame. You don't know when your wife's birthday is.

After being married for 29 years I have made it a point to remember when my wife is having a birthday, and I know she is having one this year for sure.

I always know what to get her. After asking my four daughters first, my son's are useless, their as clueless as I am.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK Clint, you're going to think I'm kidding, but I'm serious. Cat people love to treat their cats like children. So, if it were me, I would buy a toy that the "children" would like. I would buy a remote control car (Ford of course) and tie a toy mouse on a string to the bumper. It would be a riot to see that thing going across the living room floor with the felines pouncing on it!! If you don't like this idea, then just go for the usual pair of new earrings I would also sneek into her purse to confirm the actual date. Jag

Old 08-30-2006, 07:05 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
I got the date - don't know about the remote control car. Still, she has been wanting a new Hummer - and a RC one of those is about as close as we will ever get to owning one. . . . .

I was asking around and one of the neighbors reminded me of the Mother's day I gave her several years ago. I took her along and spent the entire day at the county dump - (as in land fill). Other than it being unseasonably hot that year it was a great day.

I took the camper so she would not have to use the same facilities as the dump workers - and ordered some take out tacos delivered for lunch so she did not have to cook. I had a ball, but she seemed mostly to sit around under the awing - but we were together.

Some day I will tell you the full story . . . but it was neat!

Old 08-30-2006, 09:56 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Clint,

Only two things come to mind...

You have induced mental defects that prevent her from leaving you...

Or you are hung like a horse.

Those are the ONLY two possibilities.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:30 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Clint, this is Tim's wife, Tina. Whatever you do, don't buy your wife a white pair of men's running shoes, 2 sizes too big. Also, don't ever buy her a cd from a country singer that she has not ever heard of. And yes, if you're wondering, this is from personal experience. This does not go over well at all. I swear, you men are dorks.

And yes, you'd better find out her birthdate and never forget it, ever ever again.

Final note, don't listen to my husband when he makes a suggestion for a gift for your wife.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:35 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Arrrg. Oh boy, I'll never leave my seat while logged on to FTE again. At least she dont know my password. Wheeew, I'd better keep an eye out.
Everyone tells me jewlery works good. Maybe I should try that instead of creativity... Chicks...

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 08-30-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:11 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm terrible with dates too, but I'm lucky because my wife's b'day is on valentine's day and they always advertise it. That saves me. All other aniverseries kind of slip by me unnoticed. Always in trouble, she remembers the date we met, our first date and on and on. She likes hand painted silk scarves and jewelry. Anything that's practical, forget it.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Clint, the interesting thing about that box is...I got it from you in the first place!

It's the box you sent me that had the header collectors in it, packaged inside the bigger box that the headers were in. I realize that it's one that was sent to you by someone else, I just grabbed it because it was the right size and already had a label with your address on it. And I liked the fact that it had "Tiger" on it...!

Seems a Google search is in order here...

ON EDIT: Hmm...Tiger Paws didn't come up, except for tires. Does your wife want new tires for her b-day?

But this came up:

http://www.nextag.com/four-paws/search-html

Last edited by TigerDan; 08-31-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:07 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Lightbulb

Man, she needs something like this - and it is only $150. I will take the pink one and take our ***** strolling around San Fran - -

Funny thing is that I brought her home asleep in my shirt pocket - she was only 2 weeks old, about the size of a large mouse. Her mother had been run over so we raised her with a bottle. She never learned to be a cat, which is why I like her. She grew up with a couple of pups, and is for sure the boss of the house.

Wonder what Tina thinks of this as a gift? Seems like it is for the cat, not Liz.

On edit - seems like they remove the word meaning female cat *****.

Attached Images  

Last edited by WillyB; 08-31-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:28 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, the language filters get that one due to the fact that it has another not-so-nice meaning...

Quick Reply: Tiger trouble - need help now!