I am such a moron....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 03:22 PM
sifon187
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I am such a moron....

Today I was exiting a atm driveway and hit a post that was low and hard to see. It hit the rear passanger door and put a dent in the panel and step up. I dont care about the dent in the step up, im replacing them anyway. But the door looks like crap. I know dent will pop right out, but the pant is scuffed with the yellow paint from the post. Whats the best way to fix this. Sand the door down and reapply the paint or is there a easier way?There is a few scratches down to the primer, but not to metal (thank god)

Old 08-25-2006, 06:06 PM
rboeding
Senior User
Go see the local dent doctor. They did wonders with my wife's Mountaineer. They can't fix the paint but they can remove some serious dents for supprisingly little money. Just a thought.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:34 AM
bterry
Elder User
Title caught my attention - as misery loves company...

The yellow will buff right out with some fine compound, dent doctors are amazing, but only you can decide if a nail polish type touch up will be good enough for the damaged paint. If not, I don't know of anyway of repainting without 'um... repainting.

See. I am a moron.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:33 AM
sifon187
Senior User
No, do not want that cheap touch up paint crap to fix it. I have already found some places on the track were they did. Ill just pop out the dent and bluff out the yellow paint. I figured there was nothing short of repainting, but a man can hope :\. Ill leave that for a later project.